Why am I getting random Facebook pushes?

Agc3g

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I have used push fix to fix push and youtube

but now i get random facebook pushes saying things like "emily gould commented on your photo" then I go check it and I dont have a friend by that name and its completely random.

so basically im getting pushes from someone else's facebok account. I turn off all the push option in facebook settings and I still get them

please help

Agc3g

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Ya, I'm definitely jailbroken and unlocked. I prob get one or two of those updates and hour that belong to someone else. maybe I'll try reinstalling facebook app

fireballnc

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
AT&T has acknowledged a serious account issue with facebook in their hardware. Numerous accounts have been compromised by other users without malicious intent with smartphones on AT&T's network. This has been confirmed by AT&T in Georgia and Washington state. They are working on a resolution, but it is not fixed yet. Basically, at any moment it is possible for you to randomly be in someone elses facebook account or receive their messages via your AT&T smartphone.

htrdlnc#CB

Aug 29, 2008
Visit site
Not only do I have the same problem on FB, I also have it on IM+. On IM+ I get random messages that don't belong to me in other languages!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
AT&T has acknowledged a serious account issue with facebook in their hardware. Numerous accounts have been compromised by other users without malicious intent with smartphones on AT&T's network. This has been confirmed by AT&T in Georgia and Washington state. They are working on a resolution, but it is not fixed yet. Basically, at any moment it is possible for you to randomly be in someone elses facebook account or receive their messages via your AT&T smartphone.

which they just fixed

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Unlocked phones are going to have push issues. It was noted early on when Push first came out. I think it has to do with hacktivation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2