Facebook 3.1 now available WITH PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!!

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Can't say I'd be too comfortable at all letting a third party have full access to my Facebook profile!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Bottom line is the app is still not right. Not working 100% the way it should. Why release an update to not include something so obvious as a notification sound when it actually does push. I'm guessing that is not the app rather their garbage servers.

Last edited:

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Just a thought, and by no means advocating this update being released in it's current state, but do you think they may've needed to do it this way so as to 'get a feel' for the sheer numbers of people using it and therefore the requisite server power?!
As I said I'm not excusing how bad this is, just entered my mind the other day that they may've needed a volume of 'testers' that could only be reached with a general release?!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just a thought, and by no means advocating this update being released in it's current state, but do you think they may've needed to do it this way so as to 'get a feel' for the sheer numbers of people using it and therefore the requisite server power?!
As I said I'm not excusing how bad this is, just entered my mind the other day that they may've needed a volume of 'testers' that could only be reached with a general release?!

You don't think they already didn't know how popular the app has been? It's been out for a long time and they know how many people have downloaded it. Sorry, that's no excuse.

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, as I said, I'm not excusing them.....
I'm in no doubt whatsoever they know exactly how many people are using it, and how, and when, and who we talk to most, and our connection to them, and our damn inside leg measurements.
I just think that practically there's absolutely no way to test the vast number of users who'll be using it without an actual full release.

ricmax

Dec 15, 2009
www.facebook.com
what gets me is that this release has been out almost two weeks now and these so called 'updates' (3.1.1, 3.1.2) are USELESS. they fixed next to nothing because i am still having all the issues i had with the original 3.1 release. i mean how hard is it to write in a tone and vibrate into the applications code? all my other apps have NO problems jinngling and vibrating with push notifications. its almost as if we are being ignored, like fb simply just doesnt care.

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Mmmm. Mine's completely stopped now, after working pretty reliably for the last couple of weeks.
Come on!!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Notifications, without sounds seem to be steady. Now thinking about it, I don't think I'm too fussed about sounds. My iPhone is on vibrate most of time. So, vibrate would be welcomed...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Is it just me, or are others getting use to not having sound? I think I really like the odd pop-up every now and then, and no sound...

Peace and quite ;)

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm with you Navi. I've only got badges enabled now and don't think I'd want sounds after all.
Push definitely still has periods of off & on reliability for me though.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox