- 01-19-2010, 10:38 AM #126
Bottom line is the app is still not right. Not working 100% the way it should. Why release an update to not include something so obvious as a notification sound when it actually does push. I'm guessing that is not the app rather their garbage servers.
Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 01-19-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Just a thought, and by no means advocating this update being released in it's current state, but do you think they may've needed to do it this way so as to 'get a feel' for the sheer numbers of people using it and therefore the requisite server power?!
As I said I'm not excusing how bad this is, just entered my mind the other day that they may've needed a volume of 'testers' that could only be reached with a general release?!
- 01-19-2010, 12:29 PM #128
- 01-19-2010, 01:02 PM #129
- 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM #130
Yeah, as I said, I'm not excusing them.....
I'm in no doubt whatsoever they know exactly how many people are using it, and how, and when, and who we talk to most, and our connection to them, and our damn inside leg measurements.
I just think that practically there's absolutely no way to test the vast number of users who'll be using it without an actual full release.
- 01-19-2010, 02:32 PM #132
what gets me is that this release has been out almost two weeks now and these so called 'updates' (3.1.1, 3.1.2) are USELESS. they fixed next to nothing because i am still having all the issues i had with the original 3.1 release. i mean how hard is it to write in a tone and vibrate into the applications code? all my other apps have NO problems jinngling and vibrating with push notifications. its almost as if we are being ignored, like fb simply just doesnt care.
- 01-21-2010, 02:01 PM #133
- 01-23-2010, 07:05 AM #136
- 01-23-2010, 01:08 PM #137
- 01-26-2010, 11:24 AM #138
- 01-26-2010, 12:13 PM #139
- 01-26-2010, 02:39 PM #141
- 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM #142
- 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM #143
- 01-26-2010, 05:48 PM #144
- 01-27-2010, 01:45 AM #145
- 02-01-2010, 02:18 PM #146
- 02-07-2010, 02:18 AM #147
- 02-08-2010, 08:22 PM #148
- 02-15-2010, 09:53 AM #149
- 02-20-2010, 11:21 PM #150
Just coming over from Blackberry. There was an option in the Facebook settings to leave email messages (alerts) on the server. So obviously I unchecked that as to not have to clutter up my inbox with facebook alerts I already got on my phone.
But seem to me the iphone version doesn't work this way?