Facebook 3.1 now available WITH PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!!

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Mad pushyness for me at last today!!
Turned my phone on to be greeted with alerts and multiple badges. It seems inbox messages,comments following mine on someone else's status,comments on my status,and friend requests are all now working.
Let's wait & see if it lasts eh?!

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Still not one push here, and I don't know if it's related but Grip is not showing me past notifications in the log anymore..

NYC718

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Push notifications don't seem to work for me neither which is disappointing. Hopefully with the next update it fixes this and the other problems.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
And wouldn't you know it, right after I posted that yesterday I received one, but it had no sound, not sure if it vibrated or not since my phone wasn't on me..

So I'm thinking it's on their side and not the app that's messed up, but they still need to fix the bugs and add an alert sound.

htrdlnc#CB

Aug 29, 2008
Visit site
I got two pushes in the last few days, but they weren't for me, and they weren't even in English. What's up with that? I have the same problem with IM+.

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Received two alerts yesterday. No sound, no vibration, and several hours after I had already checked my Facebook and read the notices.

Let's face it, the Facebook app is still only a shell of itself. Putting the ability to play games aside, I understand the reasons behind that, I still can't search for new friends and I still can't access my settings.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
there is a new update in the app store. i'm downloading now! i hope it fixes the audio bugs!

its listed as 3.1.2 released 1/14/10

graybryan

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to search in the App Store for it, but once I downloaded it, I removed all my contact date from Facebook sync. Then totally re-did everything. It seems to work correctly now. Syncs only the contacts I have in my Address Book. Notifications on the other hand, I dont know yet. Have to wait for some notifications.

wjwhitty

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
syncing facebook to contacts has caused compatability problems

Ever since I used the sync on facebook app. I get crashes in other apps that also link with contacts like Beejive and Textnow. Beejive says it is a known bug that they are working on but it is frustrating.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
3.1.2 fixes NOTHING. STILL no vibrate/tone with push notifications...still cant comment pics...STILL broken. COMMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it only says it fixes some crashes and contact issues.

where did you get the idea that it should fix anything in your list?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2