Question about facebook notifications on iphone

edokid

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Just got my iPhone today from Telus, always been a blackberry user. Just have a question though. On Blackberry you have to set your facebook email address up as the one to send notifications to, that way the bb facebook app auto grabs the notices and gives you an instant notification of a new message or poke or what not.

How do I do that on the iphone one? Right now nothing happens until I load the facebook app, then it will say 2 message or so on. Sometimes then if I quit the app it will then show the number 2 on the home screen facebook icon but it never automatically does it so I have to keep loading facebook to check for messages. Is that how it's supposed to work? My friend said he knows when i've messaged him on facebook because a 1 appears over the facebook icon, so can't understand why mine doesn't do that.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately this is currently not possible with the facebook application. With an upcoming version, they will support push notifications, so that this will be possible. It is not known when this version will be available though. :(

edokid

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
My friend must be just crazy then lol. Does it even auto check? It's weird how it shows the 2 on the facebook icon only if you go in don't open them and then leave the app. To be honest I'm not sure if this is a bad thing half the time my bb would notify me it was with some random event or something stupid so at least this way I don't have to constantly go in and clear messages to get the notification to go away!