Facebook Video Playback

JimmyD#IM

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
(I searched the site and did not see an existing thread.)
It's great that we can post video directly to Facebook but we are still unable to watch the video on the iPhone. There's still that pop up that says that Facebook Video is not yet compatible with iPhones and iPod Touches... but they are working on it.
I don't think we can blame AT&T or Apple for this. Sounds more like a FB issue.
Has anyone heard/read anything about when there may be a fix? :confused:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you're saying "Facebook" in terms of a large org.

You need to think more in terms of Joe, the single developer at Facebook who works on the app. So even if facebook gets the video side changes done you still have the app to change.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I think the videos were they to be converted ( lets say tomorrow ) would open in the youtube application ( or a in process version of it inside the facebook application ), and while there would have to be change to the facebook application, I think the bigger problem for them is getting all the videos in a format that devices like the iPhone can play. The facebook app already plays back videos that link directly to youtube from within the app, they'd be doing something similar to that ( is my guess >.> )

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Joe writes the app but Facebook is hosting the content, ie videos. It's up to them to get them iPhone ready.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I'm pretty sure they are working on it from both ends. My guess is when the new Facebook 3.1 comes out it will have push and facebook video working.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice