Facebook for iPhone Problems

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
It looks like this is not a very common issue, and I couldn't find it metioned in TiPb forums, but Facebook for iPhone is not working for me properly.

Hopefully when Facebook for iPhone 3.0 comes out these will no longer be an issue.

1.) My wall loads the first time, but after I sleep my iPhone or close out the app and go back in, my wall is empty and load older posts. It also doesn't show any photos, which are on Facebook. I can access my wall from the notification tab, and everything loads, but when I go to my tab it gives me the same problem. I'll post a screen shot. If I logout then login, my wall will load again and work until the app is closed or the iPhone sleep button is pressed.

2.) This issue is present with some friends as well. I cannot access their wall from the friends tab, but I am able to access them through the notifications tab.

3.) I also have never been able to use the chat feature. I will post the screen shot that I get. I have also logged out of chat on FireFox, then when I go to chat in the iPhone app it says offline, I select go online and it gives me the error message again.

4.) After I login the first time and close out the app or sleep the iPhone, I don't get my notifications refreshed. I have to logout and login to see the new notifications.

5.) I have never been able to comment on a photo from the Facebook for iPhone app.

I have deleted the app from my iPhone and reloaded it with a sync with iTunes, as well as, deleting the app and reloading it with the iPhone many times.

I have deleted all my updates and posts I made with my iPhone, and it still all the above problems still exist.

I also had a friend login, on my iPhone, with her account and everything worked properly for her so I know it's not a hardware issue with my iPhone.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

mgul1976

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem. but i download facebook from the app store instead of from facebook direct and everything works fine. No problems. Try that

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
It sounds as if the problem is on your face book. Have logged on through a computer to see if the issue still exists?

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I've tried downloading from the AppStore, syncing with iTunes, and from the link in Facebook; all had the same problems. Thanks though.

The web page works fine, I've been looking for the mystery setting or post that's possibly causing the conflict between the two.

I have found a great work around for the chat issue: BeeJive!!! Facebook chat with push.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm going to figure it out, I've tried pretty much everything I can think off.

I was thinking maybe it was an incompatibility issue with creating a Facebook app after the new Facebook, I just created my page on Saturday. I imagine if this was the case though, there would be a lot more people with the same issues.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
the app is buggy i have the same problem only with some friends i cant see their pics some pics i hope all this is fixed in the 3.0 coming up i hope they are not waiting for 3.1 to come out to launch facebook 3.0 its about time for you to release the damnnn thing already guys. ohh and yeah beejive is great no twitter support yet thats another one comeon beejive you need twitter

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Facebook seems to work very well for my phone? Are you jailbroken? There has to be a reason it isn't working on your phone.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I too believe the FB app is buggy. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't load information from a specific page.

So far 4 out of 5 respondents in this thread say the FB app is buggy for them... I do not think it's a coincidence.

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The Facebook app is buggy for me as well. Although I sometimes see screens not load properly or completely, the biggest nuisance for me is the endless amount of double posts on the News tab. I'll read a post or two, scroll down to read more, and the first posts I read start to repeat themselves.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'm having trouble with my inbox, when I try to send a message it says it's 'down'. I'm experiencing this on the website. Haven't tried to send message in the inbox through the app yet.

phrint

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Facebook seems to work very well for my phone? Are you jailbroken? There has to be a reason it isn't working on your phone.

Jailbreaking has nothing to do with whether or not the facebook ap works. It has been buggy since day one. The 3.0 update should remedy these issues and make for a better experience.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Facebook and Twitter are both currently battling DOS attacks according to cnet. Twitter is getting hit the hardest. Facebook is just slow for me.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
thats right phrint the site works just fine like i said is the app thats buggy i own a itouch thats jailbroken and a 3GS thats not and in both is buggy and different issues too so yeah its the app

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site

I have tried it both with and without jailbreak. I thought that might be a problem too, but it didn't work either way. The really weird thing is that I had my friend login with my iPhone and it worked for her. I'm still searching posts and forums for answers but I'm through playing with Facebook trying to find the conflict.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Just curious ~ of all the people who are having problems, when did you setup your Facebook page? I set mine up a week ago, I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods