How To: Push Twitter Timelines To Your iPhone Using Prowl
For a while we've been able to push DMs and @mentions from Twitter to an iPhone using Apple's PNS. Now, I will take it one step farther.
1. Download and install Growl for Mac.
2. Download and install RSS Menu.
3. Navigate to the Twitter page you want (eg. iSkythe on Twitter) and on the right sidebar there should be a link saying "RSS feed of [username]'s updates". Click the link, then copy the URL.
4. Click on the RSS rectangle in the tool bar at the top of your Mac's screen, and click "Preferences".
5. Click "Feeds" then click the Gear button in the bottom-left, and click "New Feed".
6. Paste the URL into the URL line, name it whatever you want, and choose how often you want it to check the timeline.
7. Register for a Prowl account.
8. Install the Prowl plug-in for Growl from their website.
9. Open "System Preferences" and Click "Growl" under "Other".
10. Click on “Display Options” and select the Prowl style from the left and from the scroll down menu. Enter your username/password you used to register a Prowl account, then click Verify to check. You can also configure Prowl to only send notifications to your iPhone after your computer goes idle.
11. Click on “Applications” while in the Growl settings. You should see a list of apps. Find RSS URL and click “Configure”.
12. Change "Application's Display Style" to "Prowl".
13. Click "Notifications" and choose "Feed Received New Articles" under "Notification:".
14. Change "Display Style" to Prowl.
15. Download Prowl for iPhone.
16. Open the app and put in your Username and Password for your Prowl account.
17. Allow it to send you Push Notifications, and you're done!
Now you can receive Tweets from any person(s) you want, and it'll arrive within 5 minutes if you set the check time for 5 minutes!