Facebook 2.5

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
Just updated the Facebook app to 2.5, which is supposed to include new OS 3.0 features. Specifically push notification.

I don't see anything in my settings though to enable / disable.
I don't see anything in the actual app related to push either.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm... I just downloaded it too and it seems to be exactly the same. And if you go the facebook description in iTunes it still says 2.4... :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just updated the Facebook app to 2.5, which is supposed to include new OS 3.0 features. Specifically push notification.

I don't see anything in my settings though to enable / disable.
I don't see anything in the actual app related to push either.

Anyone else?

Where do you see anything about this release including any type of push notifications?

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I think Facebook 3.0 is supposed to include all of the great new 3.0 features. Until then, it looks like 2.5 just improves compatibility with the new software..

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
My iTunes says 2.5 (make sure you sync)
The only info I can find regarding 2.5 is on iPhoneUserGuide (And it's not much)
I googled "facebook iphone 2.5"

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
My iTunes says 2.5 (make sure you sync)
The only info I can find regarding 2.5 is on iPhoneUserGuide (And it's not much)
I googled "facebook iphone 2.5"

No, I'm talking about the Facebook page in the iTunes store. It still says 2.4. The version in my app folder says 2.5.

And I disagree with the compatibility issues, mine is still glitchy.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
They really need to step up the iPhone app for facebook. Coming from a BlackBerry, the facebook app is far better. Push notifications is at the top of my wish list LOL

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No, I'm talking about the Facebook page in the iTunes store. It still says 2.4. The version in my app folder says 2.5.

And I disagree with the compatibility issues, mine is still glitchy.

It does this sometimes with me to show different versions.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
They really need to step up the iPhone app for facebook. Coming from a BlackBerry, the facebook app is far better. Push notifications is at the top of my wish list LOL

what?!?!!?!?:eek: there is no way that the app on blackberry is better than the one on the iphone. i just came from the latest upgrade on my bold, and the iphone version is 100 percent better!

i also couldnt find anything different on the new update, so maybe as stated, it was just a compatibility fix. i am as most however really waiting on the push notifications! that way i dont have to rely on the text messages all the time.:D

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Actually I think something changed and now when I click on notifications and stuff it takes me to the profile of the person instead of the notification itself. Basically it makes this app pretty useless now. Good job Facebook! Give you a second chance, but back to twitter I go.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Actually I think something changed and now when I click on notifications and stuff it takes me to the profile of the person instead of the notification itself. Basically it makes this app pretty useless now. Good job Facebook! Give you a second chance, but back to twitter I go.

It's always done this. One of the reasons I can't stand the Facebook app how it is. It needs a big update. And not being able to "like" things? My sister's BB Storm can do that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73