Facebook; how to block someone temporarily without having to add them again later on?

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue with a certain person at the moment... but since we have been friends for such a long time, I do not want to delete this person.
I ONLY want to temporarily block this person, and to give him access again after we settled our issues, WITHOUT needing to send him a new friendrequest.

Is this possible, or does the stupid facebook policy NOT allow this?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yikes! That's not possible but you can limit what that person sees on your page. You can also unfollow them (this won't unfriend them) so you don't see their post. Hope that helps somewhat.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Facebook; how to block someone temporarily without having to add them again l...

Also, you could add them to another feed. Like Acquaintances. That and unfollow takes them off your newsfeed. And, as stated above, you can limit what they see.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: Facebook; how to block someone temporarily without having to add them again l...

Put them in restricted and confidential list. they won't be able to see anything. That's where everyone from my company is at and they are always asking why I'm never posting.