How do I regain iOS 6 Facebook access?

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally revoked iOS access to my Facebook within the Facebook privacy settings page for apps on Facebook.com... Now when I press "Update all contacts" on either iOS or OSX, I am returned with the message "0 contacts updated".

How do I return iOS's access to my Facebook account? :(

Thanks in advance for your help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Settings-Privacy-Facebook and then turn ON the feature next to the app you want to give access to your Facebook account. Also, you should be able to logout of Facebook iOS and when you attempt to log back in, you should be taken to a Facebook login page of some sort to gain access. At least that is how Twitter does it. I don't use Facebook so I'm only guessing.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I do not use Facebook either but I do use Twitter and that indeed is how it is done. I just tried my neighbors phone as an experiment since he did not mind and exactly that 'D told you to do worked and he has his revoked access back again. Of course he threatened me if I was wrong so lucky 'D told you right....;)

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this does not work.. That option is turned on.

I'm talking about regaining the access within Facebook on the desktop site. Under "apps" in the Facebook.com settings page, there used to be "Apple iOS" but I accidentally removed it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this does not work.. That option is turned on.

I'm talking about regaining the access within Facebook on the desktop site. Under "apps" in the Facebook.com settings page, there used to be "Apple iOS" but I accidentally removed it.

I would then suggest 2 of the following on facebook.com and sorry I did not pay attn. to your post about the desktop version.

I would send a support ticket through facebook and or go to the support page and do a search on the subject or look at the FAQs. Once again good luck.

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I would then suggest 2 of the following on facebook.com and sorry I did not pay attn. to your post about the desktop version.

I would send a support ticket through facebook and or go to the support page and do a search on the subject or look at the FAQs. Once again good luck.

Okay I will do so and report back if I have an update :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234