Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iVader's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Facebook Notification sound anyone?

    Just updated to 6.1 and still no sound when FB notifications arrive. It's VERY annoying! I hopped that it would be fixed in 6.1. And it's not on FB to blame - android app is working.
    How is yours?
  2. #2  
    swarlos's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,349 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,904 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.0.2

    Default Facebook Notification sound anyone?

    Still not chiming here either.


    Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  3. #3  
    1962Mets's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default Re: Facebook Notification sound anyone?

    I saw a post this morning on the Apple forums that someone upgraded to 6.1 and the FB sounds began to work.

    I will try to upgrade when I am at home, since my phone is telling me it has to be on WiFi, and I can't do that here at my office.
  4. #4  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,018 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0.2

    Default Re: Facebook Notification sound anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1962Mets View Post
    I saw a post this morning on the Apple forums that someone upgraded to 6.1 and the FB sounds began to work.

    I will try to upgrade when I am at home, since my phone is telling me it has to be on WiFi, and I can't do that here at my office.
    Are you sure it says you HAVE to be on WiFi? Usually that pop up is just a notice that being on WiFi is better for your battery, and that you shouldn't do the over-the-air update if you're low on power.
  5. #5  
    rayz336's Avatar

    Posts
    2,565 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,775 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.3

    Default Facebook Notification sound anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Are you sure it says you HAVE to be on WiFi? Usually that pop up is just a notice that being on WiFi is better for your battery, and that you shouldn't do the over-the-air update if you're low on power.
    Yeah you have to be on wifi b/c the OTA update is larger than the download limit Apple has in place for mobile data.
  6. #6  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Facebook Notification sound anyone?

    It hasn't worked for me since 5.0. I've given up on Facebook notifications on my iOS device.
  7. #7  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,018 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0.2

    Default Re: Facebook Notification sound anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by rayz336 View Post
    Yeah you have to be on wifi b/c the OTA update is larger than the download limit Apple has in place for mobile data.
    Of course, I was thinking of the "Connect to Power" message, my bad.

Similar Threads

  1. No sounds with Facebook notifications
    By pkrpug12 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM
  2. No sounds with Facebook notifications
    By pkrpug12 in forum Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Social
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM
  3. No Facebook notification sound
    By Brandon M. in forum iOS 6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 01:02 AM
  4. No Facebook notification sound
    By evollime23 in forum iOS 6
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 08:09 PM
  5. Facebook notifications, sound in particular...
    By naviwilliams in forum Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Social
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions