if you had to choose ONE: FB or Twitter?

if you had to choose ONE: FB or Twitter?

• Total voters

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it really is a toss up for me since i have a lot of friends and family on FB but Twitter is more informative and entertaining!

however, since i have to pick ONE i would go with Twitter

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Fb is simply for family and friends, personal things. Twitter I can put anything on and I do have a lot of followers. I enjoy it more; it's a rant place.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Facebook. Most of the people I follow update Facebook, then twitter. Any informative people that I follow can easily be looked up by going to their respective sites or by using an rss feed. I seriously only use twitter for my phone because the browsing can be a hassle trying to check those many different sites.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Twitter. Hands down! If you want to be nosy, get a Facebook account but if you want up-to-the-minute news and other information, Twitter is the way to go.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No contest - it's Twitter all the way. Farmbook, er, Faceville, er, dangit!, Facebook is a place for games. Twitter is for intelligent discussion and interesting status updates.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Facebook is a place for games. Twitter is for intelligent discussion and interesting status updates.

Really??? Sounds like you don't know the right people on FB, because I have had many intelligent discussions on FB. ;)

Twitter seems boring to me.
sleep-040.gif

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Really? I guess you don't follow or aren't followed by the right people on Twitter. ;)

Probably not considering I don't bother with Twitter. Anyway, aren't you limited to about 140 characters with Twitter? This being the case, how much of a meaningful conversation can you have?

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Twitter. Hands down! If you want to be nosy, get a Facebook account but if you want up-to-the-minute news and other information, Twitter is the way to go.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Completely agree. If I want to know what my friends are doing I'll ask or text them. Twitter provides me with up to the minute/second news and info.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Probably not considering I don't bother with Twitter. Anyway, aren't you limited to about 140 characters with Twitter? This being the case, how much of a meaningful conversation can you have?

It's not really for conversation. If you want to talk to your friends text them. Twitter is great for news and info.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Twitter is awesome. Alli and I have many mutual followers. Many from iMore. You really get to know the people. It's a good time. :D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've actually met several people in person after getting to know them on Twitter. Some here in town, and some in various places across the country.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Twitter is awesome. Alli and I have many mutual followers. Many from iMore. You really get to know the people. It's a good time. :D

My point was that one can have "intelligent discussion" on FB and that it's NOT just for games as someone said on here. Also , you NEVER really know someone over the Internet. I don't believe you really know a person unless you've met them in person and spent some time in a actual "conversation" with them. I know and have met ALL of the people on my FB and on FB we can actually type more than 140 characters which is nice. I have nothing against Twitter, but for someone to say that FB is for games while Twitter is for intelligent discussion is false.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My point was that one can have "intelligent discussion" on FB and that it's NOT just for games as someone said on here. Also , you NEVER really know someone over the Internet. I don't believe you really know a person unless you've met them in person and spent some time in a actual "conversation" with them. I know and have met ALL of the people on my FB and on FB we can actually type more than 140 characters which is nice. I have nothing against Twitter, but for someone to say that FB is for games while Twitter is for intelligent discussion is false.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

I have met many of my twitter followers in person. Many several times over the years as many come to my town for events and ect. I've really become friends with many. FB moves so slow. Twitter moves fast. Doesn't sound like you really have given it a shot. You got to get over this 140 character thing. If that's your big issue, it's not a good one.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I use both Twitter & Facebook. To chose just one, it would definitely be Twitter. I <3 my Twitter family. Several people in this thread are actually part of that family!! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk