Anyone use official Twitter App? I can't see replies...

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got my ipad, and decided to join twitter to follow whats going on with respect to JB and the ipad2.

At first I was using my desktop PC to follow the conversations, but decide hey I got an ipad i should us it for Twitter too.

I am using the Official Twitter app, and its quite snazzy, but I started to notice it doesn't have the same back and forth reply/comments that are on the PC.

Then I notice I do not see ANY replies to comments of people I am following on the iPad like on the PC.

Am I missing something? I noticed that if I use 2 finger drag down it pulls this white box down below the message, but its always empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

mjk

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just did a search for "Twitter" on the forums because I was going to ask the same question. If I click on a Tweet on my computer, that tweet then shows up on the right side of the screen with the replies below it (along with mentions, etc).

But if I click on a tweet on my iPad or iPhone, it gives be the persons bio, and options for unfollow, tweets, @ mentions, favorites and similar. But I can't find a way to view the replies and follow the conversation.

Do I need to change a setting? Is it even possible on the iPad/iPhone?

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I started using Twitterrific, and it has somewhat of a reply page, but its not indexed with the Tweet, it just lists all the replies to that author.

Better than nothing, you can index it via time.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I just did a search for "Twitter" on the forums because I was going to ask the same question. If I click on a Tweet on my computer, that tweet then shows up on the right side of the screen with the replies below it (along with mentions, etc).

But if I click on a tweet on my iPad or iPhone, it gives be the persons bio, and options for unfollow, tweets, @ mentions, favorites and similar. But I can't find a way to view the replies and follow the conversation.

Do I need to change a setting? Is it even possible on the iPad/iPhone?

Try to use two fingers and drag down on the tweet to see the full conversation. Note: I don't have an iPad so I'm not sure that's still correct, but I think it is...see here for more.

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Try to use two fingers and drag down on the tweet to see the full conversation. Note: I don't have an iPad so I'm not sure that's still correct, but I think it is...see here for more.

You are right there is that option, but its not quite the same...

Almost 90% of the people I follow have replies to all their tweets... but using the twitter app, i see 0 replies.

I can see them fine on PC, just not on the Twitter Ipad App...

mjk

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Same thing with me, and I've tried reinstalling it. Here is an example...
Darren Rovell put out a poll on Twitter this evening asking about the ohio state football situation. On my computer, if I click the tweet on the right side I can see some of the replies to the poll. But on my iPad when I click the tweet, it takes me to his profile. If I do the 2 finger pull down, there is nothing in the box.

phunkyfeel1

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem on iPhone 4.

I use official TweetDeck App on iOS5 but the problem exists for any other app like Twitter App, HotSuite etc. On the twitter.com website I can read replies to someone's tweet by people who I do not follow but there is no way to read them in any of the above apps.

On the tweetdeck.com I have found this http://www.tweetdeck.com/support/iphone/#viewconversationhistory but the darker part with the history for the tweet does not show up on mines.

The only workaround I am aware of is to use mobile.twitter.com via Safari but it's not what I want.

I cannot find a solution anywhere on the web. If any of you guys have sorted it out please post it here or email me at phfeel1@gmail.com

Last edited:

MikeNNN

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Same problem

I'm having the same problem on the iPad version of Twitter (both on my old iPad 2 and my New iPad). On my iPhone, when I tap on the tweet Twitter opens the tweet and shows the replies underneath. On the iPad version, tapping the tweet opens up the tweeter's profile. If I pull down on the iPad tweet I see a dot and no replies.

Both apps are version 4.1.2. All my settings are the same for both apps. I've deleted and reinstalled Twitter and I've cleaned Safari's data (a recommendation on Twitter's Help site).

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm dying to get this figured out. Im comfortable with the official twitter app and don't feek like spending the $3 on another twitter app just to see replys..

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I know it sounds juvenile but I don't want to spend $3 on a twitter app. I like the official app fine I just want to see peoples replies to tweets like on the iPhone app or web.

Reactions: Anwest

Anwest

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, I see all the replies on my iPhone but not on my new iPad. It's very annoying. I bought Tweetbot, but I don't find it as slick as the official app where the problem occur. It feels like a minor issue that should be easy for Twitter to fix.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods