[Tips&Tricks] Facebook Friends and Contact Picture Sync

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Try this on your iPhone, go to the Facebook app, (assuming your starting from your feed) then tap that checker board like button in the top left of the screen, find the friend button, click it. Now look up in the top right hand side of the screen. "What's that?? you might ask. Well that my friends is my favorite part of the Facebook app.

The aforementioned button is the sync option as seen in the picture below.

fae31230.jpg

When you press the button, it will bring you to a page that has an ON/OFF switch set to off. Turning it on brings up a prompt to accept user terms of agreement. This is basically a way for Facebook to avoid privacy lawsuits. Once accepted that program runs through you contact and does its best to match it up with your Facebook friends. It then, downloads your friends profile pictures and replace/adds the corresponding contacts picture.

The service isn't 100% but it won't put a photo on the wrong contact. But, it does auto update so you only have to do it once and your contacts will have changing pictures.

Do you use this? Now that you know will you use it?

Last edited:

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
make sure your contacts are first and last name or the that person has there number stored on facebook matches the number u have

Reactions: Mickyfin

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It is a little different on the Facebook app I have on the 4s, but I tinkered around and found the page with the sync. It worked great, only putting pictures on the contacts that I have in my contacts on the phone. Android would put all the friends on Facebook into the phone contacts which was a mess. Thanks for this post.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Biggest fail on from Facebook was taking away the option to manually sync contacts ie john on fb is big bro on my phone .... Smart sync does this and works well and even takes there bday and add to your calendar I highly recommend it also allows full screen pics

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
My only problem with this sync is Facebook takes all your contacts on your phone and puts it on Facebook. All contacts are now on Facebook under your contacts. So your friends info is now on Facebook even if they aren't.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I use smart sync and love it.

Similar - I use an app called Sync.ME ...

Didn't realise it was possible via the Facebook app, although as decarlo4 points out below, I can't say I'd be comfortable with my contacts info being actually displayed on Facebook.

EDIT: Actually, pretty sure I read somewhere a couple of days ago that Sync.ME is the new name for Smart Sync ...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711