Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default Facebook on the web

Has anyone else had this happen? While using Safari and the full version of Facebook, I noticed that I can't see people's walls. Like, anything on their walls at all. No posts, nothing. Is that normal? Has anyone run across this? Is this a Facebook thing, a Safari thing, or an iPhone thing?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ironically, I noticed it on the "Facebook for iPhone" page in Safari, but it's the same on most pages. I just use the touch.facebook.com version.
    iPhone Newbie

I get the same behavior. Really strange. I hope its not one of facebook's moves to force us to use the app.
    iPhone Newbie

I have had this exact same problem, and it's quite annoying since you can't post links or anything from the FB Mobile App - which I need to do since I am an admin for a FanPage. Anyone have any ideas as to what's causing this?
    iPhone Newbie

Why not just use the FaceBook app?

or what other's have said. iPhone.Facebook or touch.facebook?

I haven't really experienced that before. I've used the normal facebook through safari on my iPhone 4. and everything seems to be working fine...

try clearing your cache, or cookies.. under settings.
    iPhone Newbie

same here , and few bugs on the app also. sometimes it tell's me i have 17 messages when i don't for one.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkCooz View Post
    Why not just use the FaceBook app?

or what other's have said. iPhone.Facebook or touch.facebook?

I haven't really experienced that before. I've used the normal facebook through safari on my iPhone 4. and everything seems to be working fine...

try clearing your cache, or cookies.. under settings.
    Because you can't view groups on the facebook app. And I've noticed with the app that you can't see updates to peoples's profiles on their wall. It would be nice to have full functionality, and the app doesn't really provide that. You would think visiting the full website would. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try clearing my cacge and see if that works.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpumpkin View Post
    Because you can't view groups on the facebook app. And I've noticed with the app that you can't see updates to peoples's profiles on their wall. It would be nice to have full functionality, and the app doesn't really provide that. You would think visiting the full website would. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try clearing my cacge and see if that works.
    the app allows you to access your pages and even update them.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

It let's me see my pages, but not my groups. For instance I have a wedding group page and it only lets me see recent wall posts but nothing else. And even that is spotty. One of my bridesmaids posted but it won't let me see it. Maybe I'll try reinstalling the app? I don't know...sometimes I hate Facebook.