Twitter followers?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So I was listening to the recent podcast and decided what could it hurt and signed up for twitter. Before I was done signing up I had multiple random people following me and emails from twitter to approve them. I just want to follow TiPb and a few other interests. :eek:

I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to be invisible on twitter but still follow others? I think I'm set to private but on the other hand, these would be followers did find me? :confused:

Just looking for some advice, feel free to delete this thread if need be.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to go invisible~ on twitter so to speak. The only option is to have your tweets locked. Even then, you're right, random people follow/request to follow you no matter what you do. I had 8 or so bot type twitters trying to follow me within an hour of being locked. :(

Reactions: sherlock

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It looks like Alli's suggestion would work but it would mean a lot of text messages would come in. Since I already signed up I'll just follow my interests and lay low. Locking and turning off email notification for follow requests has toned things down. Hopefully all the inappropriate follow requests will stop eventually. ;)

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Alli's suggestion would work but it would mean a lot of text messages would come in. Since I already signed up I'll just follow my interests and lay low. Locking and turning off email notification for follow requests has toned things down. Hopefully all the inappropriate follow requests will stop eventually. ;)

They won't unfortunately. I still get a spam account following me once or twice a week.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Yea, the spam accounts are an inevitable evil. But there are far fewer that get through now than a year or so ago. I wish we could see an end to the Twitter bots that automatically @ you whenever you use their trigger words like iPad, iPhone, or Christmas.

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was just on Google Reader and typed in tipb/twitter/rss and their different feeds show up. It looks like you can subscribe that way and not be a user.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73