I've had this router for a little over three years now and haven't had a moment's problem with it until about two weeks ago. Now, my 2.4GHz network performance is noticeably slower than my 5GHz network and I've noticed several times a week the WiFi seems to completely shut down for 10-15 seconds.

Is my hardware failing, or is there something I can do to fix this?
    02-21-2017 08:41 AM
    I've had this router for a little over three years now and haven't had a moment's problem with it until about two weeks ago. Now, my 2.4GHz network performance is noticeably slower than my 5GHz network and I've noticed several times a week the WiFi seems to completely shut down for 10-15 seconds.

Is my hardware failing, or is there something I can do to fix this?
    My first suggestion would be to reset your modem and routers. When I had this issue I'm not sure what caused it for my network but believe it may have been due to a bad update to my modem by my ISP. Once I factory reset my modem and routers I had no issues. Only other things I can think of is, have you moved anything around in your home recently or your router could be dying. I'd like to believe your Extreme is okay as they are a solid device and it is rare for them to die.
    02-21-2017 10:00 AM