AirPort Extreme with Att Uverse

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I currently have Att Uverse Internet with 2Wire router modem they provided. The connection is horrible and it is only a b/g connection. Is anyone using the extreme to do the router function? If so how do you se up? I have looked and nothing really clear know the extreme gets put in bridge mode which is in the setting and have to turn wireless off on 2Wire but not sure if that is it. Want to make sure I can get to work before spending 200 on a router.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use a airport express with my uverse gateway .. Yes it can be done .. There is not a bridge mode really you have to just open the MAC address of the airport on the uverse to pass everything thru you will know you got it when your airport is getting a WAN Ip and not a internal like 192.168

If you still can not figure it out when I have time ill log into my uverse gateway and give you exact instruction

But as you said uverse gateway sucks and the airport will solve your issue

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I currently have Att Uverse Internet with 2Wire router modem they provided. The connection is horrible and it is only a b/g connection. Is anyone using the extreme to do the router function? If so how do you se up? I have looked and nothing really clear know the extreme gets put in bridge mode which is in the setting and have to turn wireless off on 2Wire but not sure if that is it. Want to make sure I can get to work before spending 200 on a router.

It's the Dmz settings

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ended up getting one and got everything set up was not to difficult.

Glad to hear ya apple makes it simple and using another router stop the annoying wifi on att not responding issue

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73