Hey everyone,

So I'm trying to set up UPnP video sharing to my Xbox 360... but I'm running into some trouble.

This is my configuration:

Macbook Pro 2012 non retina 13inch. This is where the Media would come from.
    |
    V
    Connects wirelessly to Wireless Modem. Model is a Sitecom WLM-3500. It's UPnP enabled.
    |
    V
    Airport Express Base Station (Pre 2012 model) with speakers and ethernet connected.
    |
    V
    Ethernet connects to Xbox 360 and adds it to the network (I have an older model with no internal wifi)

Somewhere along here, I think I'm having trouble. I've tried several software solutions to no avail, and I think the hold up is with the Airport Base station (which I think does not support UPnP, can someone verify?). Is there anyway I can fix this? I've heard that the Airport Base has an ethernet only (Apple sponsored) NAT solution which you can set up, but for the life of me I don't know where to start.

Can anyone help me?
    07-17-2013 09:07 AM
    Hey everyone,

So I'm trying to set up UPnP video sharing to my Xbox 360... but I'm running into some trouble.

This is my configuration:

Macbook Pro 2012 non retina 13inch. This is where the Media would come from.
    |
    V
    Connects wirelessly to Wireless Modem. Model is a Sitecom WLM-3500. It's UPnP enabled.
    |
    V
    Airport Express Base Station (Pre 2012 model) with speakers and ethernet connected.
    |
    V
    Ethernet connects to Xbox 360 and adds it to the network (I have an older model with no internal wifi)

Somewhere along here, I think I'm having trouble. I've tried several software solutions to no avail, and I think the hold up is with the Airport Base station (which I think does not support UPnP, can someone verify?). Is there anyway I can fix this? I've heard that the Airport Base has an ethernet only (Apple sponsored) NAT solution which you can set up, but for the life of me I don't know where to start.

Can anyone help me?
    According to a discussion via the Apple Support site, Apple's equivalent of UPnP is NAT-PMP. That information was found at the following link. https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Other information that *may* be useful can be found via the XBX Live site Re: Airport Extreme - Double NAT - 02 - Connecting to Xbox LIVE - Xbox Support - Xbox.com Forums - Xbox.com
    07-18-2013 04:19 AM