UPnP Airport + Xbox 360

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I'm trying to set up UPnP video sharing to my Xbox 360... but I'm running into some trouble.

This is my configuration:

Macbook Pro 2012 non retina 13inch. This is where the Media would come from.
|
V
Connects wirelessly to Wireless Modem. Model is a Sitecom WLM-3500. It's UPnP enabled.
|
V
Airport Express Base Station (Pre 2012 model) with speakers and ethernet connected.
|
V
Ethernet connects to Xbox 360 and adds it to the network (I have an older model with no internal wifi)

Somewhere along here, I think I'm having trouble. I've tried several software solutions to no avail, and I think the hold up is with the Airport Base station (which I think does not support UPnP, can someone verify?). Is there anyway I can fix this? I've heard that the Airport Base has an ethernet only (Apple sponsored) NAT solution which you can set up, but for the life of me I don't know where to start.

Can anyone help me?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I'm trying to set up UPnP video sharing to my Xbox 360... but I'm running into some trouble.

This is my configuration:

Macbook Pro 2012 non retina 13inch. This is where the Media would come from.
|
V
Connects wirelessly to Wireless Modem. Model is a Sitecom WLM-3500. It's UPnP enabled.
|
V
Airport Express Base Station (Pre 2012 model) with speakers and ethernet connected.
|
V
Ethernet connects to Xbox 360 and adds it to the network (I have an older model with no internal wifi)

Somewhere along here, I think I'm having trouble. I've tried several software solutions to no avail, and I think the hold up is with the Airport Base station (which I think does not support UPnP, can someone verify?). Is there anyway I can fix this? I've heard that the Airport Base has an ethernet only (Apple sponsored) NAT solution which you can set up, but for the life of me I don't know where to start.

Can anyone help me?
According to a discussion via the Apple Support site, Apple's equivalent of UPnP is NAT-PMP. That information was found at the following link. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4085345?start=0&tstart=0

Other information that *may* be useful can be found via the XBX Live site Re: Airport Extreme - Double NAT - 02 - Connecting to Xbox LIVE - Xbox Support - Xbox.com Forums - Xbox.com