05-07-2013 01:15 PM
- AppleCare Protection PlanThe iMore forums are filled with questions in regard to Apple Care, so Ive decided to put together this short guide summarizing what it is and, hopefully, answer some key questions about it. Please note that detailed information regarding AppleCare can be found at www.apple.com/applecare.
What is the AppleCare Protection Plan?
It is basically a warranty that extends coverage of your Apple device for up to 2 or 3 years, depending on the device.
What is included in the complimentary coverage for my Apple product?
A one-year limited warranty and 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support are provided with your Apple device.
Which products are eligible for the AppleCare Protection Plan?
Mac ComputersEach product requires a separate AppleCare Protection Plan for coverage.
Can I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan anytime?
You can purchase it anytime within the one-year limited warranty period, but your eligibility for coverage starts from your device purchase date.Where can I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan?
Apple Retail Stores
Apple Store Online
Apple Authorized Resellers
Some Wireless Service ProvidersIs the AppleCare Protection Plan transferable?
Yes. You can also transfer the ownership of the AppleCare Protection Plan even if you sell or give away your device.How do I register my AppleCare Protection Plan?
You can register your AppleCare Protection Plan online or contact Apple at the phone number included in your AppleCare Protection Plan package.The registration process can take up to 24 hours to be visible in Apples systems. To verify that your hardware is covered under the AppleCare Protection Plan, click here.AppleCare+ for the iPhone and iPadAppleCare+ is only available for the iPhone & iPad.The devices comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. It also extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone or iPad and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee.Important notes
AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new device.What is not Covered?
1. Damages caused by abuse or misuse.
2. A device in which the serial number has been removed or altered.
3. Lost or stolen devices
4. Cosmetic damages
5. Preventive maintenance
6. Normal wear and tear
7. Pre-Existing conditionsPlease visit the Apple website for a complete listing of what is NOT covered by AppleCare.For more detailed information, please visit http://images.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/docs/applecareplus.pdf or http://images.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/docs/applecareplusforipadenglish.pdfWell, I hope this guide answers at least some of the questions you may have in regard to Apple Care.Note: Information from the Apple website was used to make this guide so please visit www.apple.com/applecare for detailed information regarding AppleCare & AppleCare+. Thank you.05-07-2013 01:15 PMLike 0
- By WascalWabbit in forum iPhone 4Replies: 19Last Post: 01-26-2011, 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD