Ipad with AirPort Extreme Base Station

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, i could not find anything about this but here is my issue. When i use AIM or other push applications, the push does not work with my current AirPort Extreme Base Station. I noticed when i change the base station to 802.11n only than push works. Can someone please tell me what the correct settings for the AirPort Extreme Base Station should be to work with the ipad and iphone along with the macbook air ? Also i have the radio mode on the airport set as manual which is not working with push..

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
@richxps, if you see spam, just tap the little triangle with the exclamation point in the corner of the offending post. If a mod sees your post asking to remove the previous post...we've probably already seen/addressed the spam.

Peawoppot

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi-ya every body, decent board

Howdy everyone, charming forum I have found It vastly useful and its helped me out a lot
I hope to be able to give something back and guide other people like this site has helped me

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the update Alli, never really seen spam in here until today.

Other than that i hope someone can help with my ipad issue, i just cant get push to work when my routers radio is set to auto.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I only had my iPad for a short while, but push worked just fine no matter where I was connected. What else would you have your router set to if not 802.11n?

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi Alli, sorry i did not respond sooner. Im not really sure whats going on with my ipad / router. Everything works well and i get push email i get mobile me and find my ipad notifications, But none of the Messaging apps out there push on my ipad with the Airport dual band router. If i log on to another router say a Netgear push works fine with the messaging apps.
I dont know what to do, and apple support is uselss.. I have my airport set up with the defaul settings. Any ideas ?

spepillally

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey there! Anyone else from Stirling, UK?

Hello guys,

My name is Peter and I am from Stirling in the United Kingdom. I have the other day discovered this forum and I like it alot.
I am a little bit shy so I will not write much about me but maybe when I will get more confortable, you guys will get to know me better!
My main hobbies are painting and watching movies. I also like outdoor activites but the temperature has been very bad for the last days or so here in Stirling.

I was wondering if anyone else here is from the united Kingdom too?

I am happy to be a member here at forum.tipb.com now!
Have a nice day!
:)

Peter

PS: Sorry if this was posted in the wrong section. I could not find the right one!

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
i havent tried it yet on my mac, but it does work on the iphone.
is there a way to edit the fire wall on a airport extreme ?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Weird how sometimes one thread attracts a bunch of spammers.

I'm not real familiar with the airport extreme. Does it go on your router or does it act as your router?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2