SNES Emulator Now Available for Developers (No Jailbreak Required)

iSkythe

May 12, 2009
Visit site
After the removal of iMAME from the App Store, I started searching for more emulators for iOS. I found SNES--HD- on github, but unfortunately it required a jailbroken iPad to run. Then, I came across a post by Spencer Nielsen with instructions on how to compile it for your own non-jailbroken iPad. (Blue Lotus Blog ? Play SNES Games On Your iPad Without Jailbreaking)

I've taken his source code with his permission and modified it so it can run on both iPhone and iPad. Here's the link to the project on github:

https://github.com/iSkythe/SNES4iOS

If you're a developer, compile away! If not, I hope you're good friends with one :)

iSkythe

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Version 1.1 Released

SNES4iOS Version 1.1 is now available from GitHub. Changes from previous versions include:

?Sustain Button: a new button (looks like a circle with four arrows pointed towards the center) allows you to essentially sustain, or hold down a button without keeping your finger on the button. You tap the sustain button, it will turn orange, and then you tap the button you wish to sustain. For example, if you wanted to keep your character moving to the right, you?d tap the sustain button, then tap the right button, and then you can lift your finger off and it will keep going to the right. This is especially useful in platformers such as Mario games, as you can sustain the run button without having to hold it down!
?Both the Objective-C app code and the C snes9x emulator code are included in the same .xcworkspace file. It?s strongly recommended you use the workspace file instead of the individual project files.
?Since the snes9x code is now in an Xcode project, it can be compiled natively in Xcode via the included makefile. However, you MUST clean the pocketsnes target before EVERY build, or else it won?t build all your changes.
?Converted everything to LLVM 3.0! No longer need to use an old Xcode version to change the snes9s code!
?No longer crashes when loading a ROM (however, at this time it still crashes when quitting one).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2