New to OOP and in need of clarification!

ostricide

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I am new to OOP and have a only vague understanding of C. I am trying to learn from the iTunes U videos but have stumbled upon a sticking point:

regarding IBAction and IBOutlet, from a controller objects point of view, which does what? (In my old school mind these are like BASIC's peek (an address) and poke (an address) is this wrong?)

I am trying to recreate the slider demonstration where a label displays the sliders value but my version of xCode is not like in the demo and I am confused about how to wire the objects and which IB objects to use.

So I create a new project called test, goto the testViewController.xib which opens Interface Builder and I drag over a slider and label... I then goto xCode and under File > New File... > Object C Object (call it "updater") and goto the updater.h file. Here I define IBOutlets and an IBAction for the slider and the label...

@interface updater : NSObject {

IBOutlet UISlider* theSlider;
IBOutlet UILabel* theLabel;
int sliderVal;

}

- (IBAction) updateLabel : (UILabel *) theLabel;

@end

now when I goto IB and try to connect the outlets and actions to the files owner the only thing available is -View. I expect to see an outlet or an action.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73