New App idea

comunikado

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
i got an idea for an app that i would pay a couple of dollars for...

now that the iphone has voice command how about a simple "what time is it?" request" ? i don't wear a watch and i'm always pulling my iphone out of my pocket to check the time... but i can leave it in my pocket to play a song?... hmmm seems like something kinda too obvious to leave out...

thoughts?

Fondu

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
There are not any api's for that. We are working on seeig how this works and have some cool custimization for the voice control. So far, we can only change the color but we are working very hard on commands.

-Fondu Dev Team

jrsrebelde

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Well, im not quite sure but i think people have a lot of good ideas, the problem is in how to implement it. I think that the implementation is better than an idea.

mannayak

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
what we all need is a voice interactive device; gadgets have come a long way from key boards to touch screens. Now its time for voice interaction before we have gadgets responding to our thoughts or mind instructions. Probably we just need to whisper our iPhone (hey tom what's the time!) or over the blue tooth and it answers back.

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
This is an interesting idea, but I'm not really seeing how it will be implemented.

Do iPhone apps keep running when the phone screen goes off? In that case, this can be doable because standard iPhone headphones have a mic. The app can recognize a voice command and repeat the time. The problem is, if you start playing music, you've exited out of the app...

ZeroDivision

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
the iphone doesnt allow applications to run in the background. For this u have to stay in the program. And i dont think that a developer can use the Voice recognition api

jtz5

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I have an idea for an app...this seems like the right forum for that.

Develop a thermometer app that uses Bluetooth to wirelessly communicate the temperature of the food (either in oven or on grill) to your iPhone. I'm not sure if that's possible (in terms of temperature limits for BT hardware inside of the thermometer). Anyway, that's my ideal app to help determine when food is properly cooked. You could set an alarm in the app alerting you to when the food has reached the right temp.

mJusticz

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
As others have stated, Apple does not allow apps to run in the background. In addition to this, there are no voice control APIs for the time being available to developers. Fantastic idea, but there's no implementation for the time being.