Installing Beta with Windows?

Jeep14

Feb 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a developer that is willing to let me in on the 3.0 Beta..but I only have a Windows PC...can I do this with my PC?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You can, but you should be careful. If it's not someone you know they could give you a copy and then when it expires charge you a hefty fee to unbrick your phone. It's not really worth the risk unless it's a friend.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Dizzy is right, if you don't know who this person is, don't do it. If this guy is not around when it comes time to install the next beta, you are screwed with a iPhone paperweight...

Jeep14

Feb 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys for the help! I have been swamped at work lately and the Copy/Paste is becoming something that I need a few times per day. I also really want A2DP as I train for my mini-Triathlon.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I also really want A2DP as I train for my mini-Triathlon.

Let me know how this works for you. I just added a follow up post on my blog on A2DP. They have improved it a lot. I no longer have the issue where it would get choppy when using other apps on the phone while the iPod is playing, but there is one that still exist in beta 4.

When I go outside the audio breaks up. It breaks up more jogging vs walking, but still pretty unusable in either case. I have a feeling it has to do with the extra interference outside, maybe they just need to turn up the power? Hopefully they get this fixed before the final release.