how much time is required to develop IPhone App

Nitin85

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am new in IPhone apps development. Actually I have to estimate that how much time is required to develop IPhone App.

I don't know programing about objective C and Iphone development framework and also advise what will be the basic requirement, any tutorials and where i should get started.

What is the diff between IPhone App and normal website which is optimized for IPhone.

Please suggest. ............

I have been worked on .NET framework and C#

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
For a quality application be prepared to spend a lot of time. Technically you can toss together a app in no time but it would a pretty low end app. In iTunes they have some video podcasts from a Stanford class on creating iPhone applications.

Nitin85

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Apple license to develop dummy project

For a quality application be prepared to spend a lot of time. Technically you can toss together a app in no time but it would a pretty low end app. In iTunes they have some video podcasts from a Stanford class on creating iPhone applications.

thanks a lot for your help,

Could you suggest me where should i get started ?
Please advice that there is license from apple is mandatory to develop IPhone App as a dummy project.

travisdunn

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I think 1-3 months is the ideal development lifecycle for an iPhone release. I'd say 5-6 is realistic if you're learning the platform at the same time.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Sure helps me value the apps that I have.

most people forget that good apps take more than just a week of programming

Like Facebook push. they had to make an entire server setup for millions of users to figure out who to push data to and then push it out.

compared to random "press a button and it makes a sound" which apps do you want on your phone?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
most people forget that good apps take more than just a week of programming

Like Facebook push. they had to make an entire server setup for millions of users to figure out who to push data to and then push it out.

compared to random "press a button and it makes a sound" which apps do you want on your phone?
For purposes of comparison and estimating, one should distinguish between those apps that are 1) self-contained on the iPhone, 2) those that exploit existing web services, 3) those that are part of a new service, and 4) those that sync to the PC or Mac. I have one or more in each category that I would really miss if they went away.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
what i would like to know is how do developers of iPhone apps make money when their apps are free??
Some sell ads. Some sell related services. Some develop the app to support an existing service. Some offer free "lite" apps to sell the "pro" version. Some do not make money.

Many airlines, insurance companies, banks, etc. offer free apps.

leaf

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I am also think 1-3 months is the ideal development lifecycle for an iPhone release. I'd say 5-6 is realistic if you're learning the platform at the same time.

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
What's the quickest you've heard of an application being developed? Say, something simple, with about three pages, including a splash, the purpose being solely to return text data from one of a few different arrays. Much more simple right?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
What's the quickest you've heard of an application being developed? Say, something simple, with about three pages, including a splash, the purpose being solely to return text data from one of a few different arrays. Much more simple right?

about an hour to learn and 5 minutes to implement

palmdev11

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
How many hours does it take you to build the typical app?

1. 50-100: 32.3%
2. 100-200: 29.3%
3. 200+: 19.2%
4. Less than 50: 19.2%

From a survey I found.

runrev

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Frustratingly our account is too new to post links, but if you were to go on Youtube and search for 'Create an iphone app in 3 hours' you will find a video on our new pre-alpha for iPhone development. One of our developers designs and codes an app in 3 hours and 16 minutes, using our english-like programming language which is perfect for beginners such as yourself.

Edit: We can now link!

You can see this game right through from concept to finished article in our Youtube video.

Last edited:

samuelliebz

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just had a look at that RunRev application RevMobile - and it looks seriously impressive for saving time.

You probably want to say something like "DreamWeaver for iPhone Apps" - but you're probably not allowed to legally use the DreamWeaver name...

Maybe just "WYSIWYG for iPhone Apps"

runrev

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
An Update to the revMobile pre-Alpha news:

? We currently have a package of benefits on offer including free access to the Simulcast and DVDs from our Conference in San Jose this November, which are a great resource for getting to grips with the revTalk language and revMobile itself. These are only free benefits with revMobile until the 31st March. Find out more here

? We have begun a series of video tutorials on using revMobile and the various iPhone features, which are a great insight into the ease of the language and product for iPhone development. These tutorials can be found on the revMobile site and also on our Youtube channel

? Our iPhone pre-Alpha has reached its sixth release, adding bug fixes but also access to two new iPhone features, Core Location (GPS) and Mail sending, as well as orientation detection. These features will be covered in our video tutorial series in the coming weeks.

? We're running a competition to submit your best iPhone App or game built with revMobile, with the best App winning an Apple iPad - check out the details here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR