many apps in multitasking kill my app

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I have a problem with a new application. I realized that it is very unstable when there are many
applications open in the background.
I cleaned up my code and uses the "release", "nil" and I checked the leaks.
Are there a function to prevent the application in background kill mine?
Did I miss something?
You can test, it is free this week:
on AppStore => Baby, try To Speak 1
Thank you for your help

mOOncOw interactive

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
By now you should switch to iOs5, using the ARC automatic reference counting - that will save you some headaches with memory management.

In general, your App should not use more then 20 - 30 MB memory, otherwise it will likely be killed. The amount of apps "running" in the background should not matter too much, as they are not really running, and will be kicked out themselves when memory is getting low. Also, not all apps you see in the task bar when you double-click on the home button are indeed running, some are already killed and will restart completely when you press them.

There is no way to prevent being killed from the system when it wants to kill you - it's a hard life as an app :eek:

JanuszNSG

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You may easy check where is a problem or even try to solve this.
Use applicationDidReceiveMemoryWarning - you have 3 levels of this warning. 1. Is rather information and suggestion, rest need to be solved. You may try to release some unused resources (I'm assuming you correctly release objects), ARC may help with it, but if you use too much images/sounds (very memory consuming) there maybe a problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2