App Marketing Ideas?

KellBrown

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Comparatively writing the app was easy. Marketing and selling the app is a huge task. As a developer you focus all your ability and time on learning how to program and making the best app you can and then once it's ready you suddenly have to acquire whole new set of tasks your introverted lifestyle hasn't prepared you for. It's like concentrating on grades up until the last year of high school and then trying to win Mr. Popularity at the prom.

yamajirou

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
hahaha Mr. Popularity at the prom is a good one.
Yeah, after releasing my first game I realised how difficult it is to advertise if you don't want to spend too much.

LordNedox

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.
Anyone ever tried those PR services (submission to 100+ reviews sites, and other stuff)? They're quite expensive (500$++), I wonder if they get any result.

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.
Anyone ever tried those PR services (submission to 100+ reviews sites, and other stuff)? They're quite expensive (500$++), I wonder if they get any result.

I think you are better off doing it yourself.

For one, you don't know who they have contacted, if anyone at all.

Also I think it is better to try and form a relationship in the long term and some sites probably be more open to indie-developers contacting them directly. You'll get a better picture overall based on responses / feedback of certain sites. There is a list of published given earlier up the thread.

creativem31

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
The only way I have found that works well is to get lucky and have it reviewed on a site like this. That seems to get a large spike in downloads and then even afterward there is a consistent drip because its then 'out there' and gets re-posted etc.

Advertising is the hardest part of producing an app. They tend to get lost in the vast sea of apps :)

Mike Vazovski

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Do the Twitter works for any one?
I have added TW abs FB share button to my application, but seems that no one use it((
But the game seems to be addictive.?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner