Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    iPhone Newbie

Post a press release via prmac.com, it's a great press release service and it will make your news available to the media.
    iPhone Newbie

These comments are very useful, thanks for posting. Well, apart from posting in games/iphone forums, you might also want to consider getting established at communities, where your target audience gathers.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Sauve View Post
    heres a link to a google doc I use. It has a bunch of sites listed in order of who gets the most traffic. Also has email addresses you can contact or weblinks to the appropriate site to share your app

https:// docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLWGyl4&key=0AgFOHSGtWeVxdFJ5dnh1N0RSM y15QlREclVWSVhjVVE&hl=sv&authkey=CLWGyl4#gid=0

be sure to delete the space before "docs.go......."
    I had to add the space to post the link-not enough posts yet
    Thanks, this is helpful starting point!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

is there any specific category that is harder to enter?
    iPhone Newbie

Thanks for the spreadsheet xxx I've been building my own but yours is just perfect
    iPhone Nanite

I think you need to focus on your targeted users and do some activites at the same time, like social media, trustworthy review sites, forums and probably SEO. Otherwise, your app won't become really visible and you might only lose time running from one "piece" of promotion to another.
    iPhone Nanite

You can market your app with some activities like,

1) Write & Distribute Press Release for your app.
    2) Create a blog for your app.
    3) Submit your app to the app directories.
    4) Submit your app to the app review sites.
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

Submit to sites like tii and supply promo codes.
    iPhone Nanite

Last edited by Yoshkow; 04-13-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    6 beta 1

Quote Originally Posted by silverwiz View Post
    Post a press release via prmac.com, it's a great press release service and it will make your news available to the media.
    I second the advice for prmac. The $20 for the extended release was definitely worth it for the boost in app sales that I saw.

Also, creating a video demo of your app will increase the odds of review sites picking it up.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Re: App Marketing Ideas?

Nowadays in App store large amount of App has been submitted. It is so difficult to find yours visible. Social Networks are the good way instead they covers half of the media. Social media contains large number of features. You can able to share your YouTube videos, slide shares of your particular App. You can also drag these social media links in your website too.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Social media, ASO, press releases, approach bloggers, run your own blog with valuable content, exchange ads with developers from the same niche, create a video... Quite a lot of ways how to promote
    iMore Newbie

agree
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Don't use PRWeb. I used them today and paid them a lot of money to get a press release out for my app, and it went nowhere. Hundreds of sites reposted the press release, but they were obscure sites that posted it in sections that have zero visibility. Also, it was drowned out by the thousands of other press releases that came out from PRWeb today. They're a scam.

I'm curious to try prmac as suggested above, but I'm not so sure now after how badly I got burned by PRWeb.

My app is called ProShot. It's really popular on WP, but the news of its release today didn't get picked up by anyone.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Very interesting thread, I think every starting developer have these problems.

As my first time doing this, all I have is what I read from forums, so I can't be sure of what works and what doesn't, but it makes some sense and it's worth a try.
    - As some people said, social network, post updates and interact with your customers.
    - Contact reviews sites and ask for a review. Although most of the time you won't get an anwser if you ask for a free review.
    - Frequent updates
    And I read about a crazy idea from a guy who just made a bunch of cards of his app and started distributing it all over the city, leave on restaurant's tables, giving to waitress when he paid the bill, leave a stack on coffee shop's counter and bus stops.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Comparatively writing the app was easy. Marketing and selling the app is a huge task. As a developer you focus all your ability and time on learning how to program and making the best app you can and then once it's ready you suddenly have to acquire whole new set of tasks your introverted lifestyle hasn't prepared you for. It's like concentrating on grades up until the last year of high school and then trying to win Mr. Popularity at the prom.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

hahaha Mr. Popularity at the prom is a good one.
    Yeah, after releasing my first game I realised how difficult it is to advertise if you don't want to spend too much.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I'm in the same boat.
    Anyone ever tried those PR services (submission to 100+ reviews sites, and other stuff)? They're quite expensive (500$++), I wonder if they get any result.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LordNedox View Post
    I'm in the same boat.
    Anyone ever tried those PR services (submission to 100+ reviews sites, and other stuff)? They're quite expensive (500$++), I wonder if they get any result.
    I think you are better off doing it yourself.

For one, you don't know who they have contacted, if anyone at all.

Also I think it is better to try and form a relationship in the long term and some sites probably be more open to indie-developers contacting them directly. You'll get a better picture overall based on responses / feedback of certain sites. There is a list of published given earlier up the thread.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by silverwiz View Post
    Another site worth sending press release from is Games Press: The resource for games journalists but it is best to do one of these not both otherwise it may come across as spamming as both sites probably use same channels to do the same thing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12