Just Starting

ddnichols7

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
So if a young kid can create a bubble game app with the possibility of making a crap load of money, what is keeping everyone away from creating apps and making bank? I have never written any codes before, I have a good friend who approached me and asked if I wanted to get into app making (games for now). I said sure, he is a excellent artist and already we have came up with a game. He has already drawn several screenshots if you will. I just purchased the developer program and I guess we will see where it goes. So again, I know it isn't easy, but can I learn code writing for making app games? I know it will take work and I wont fall right into it, but is it possible to get a handle on it relatively quick? I know quite a bit about computers but no code writing......Any info will help.....Thanks

Tucco

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was curious about too. I'm probably in a similar situation as you. Have you been on apple's site for devolopers where they have an overview of writing the code? I'm decent with computers too, but honestly that info scared me off. You might check it out. If your committed to reading that and learning it then I would say go forward.

technomadia

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The absolute best way to get up to speed learning iOS programming is the free Stanford course on iTunes U. Google for "CS 193P" for the class website, and search iTunes U for the latest iteration of the course. The version from this past Fall includes iPad development as well.

- Chris

LiquidZed

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The absolute best way to get up to speed learning iOS programming is the free Stanford course on iTunes U. Google for "CS 193P" for the class website, and search iTunes U for the latest iteration of the course. The version from this past Fall includes iPad development as well.

- Chris

I agree with this, this is how I got started. From there I just started developing an app that I wanted to use for myself and just did LOTS of google searches whenever I needed to learn how to do something. There is tons of great information out there for any aspect of the iOS platform. But you need a good foundation in Cocoa design concepts, using xcode, etc. So I'd do at least half if not all of a standford course to get your feet wet, and then just dive right in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2