design iPhone / iPod Touche to apps for usr by the blimd / Visual impairment users

mobilebreak

Feb 25, 2010
olsenapps.com
I work with the developer Kenneth Olsen the desiner of published games Mobile Break and Astro Mania with our 3rd game one the way. However, after he finishes this one we wish to take some time to design iPhone / iPod Touche to apps for usr by the blimd / Visual impairment users iphone I would like some input on what you feel would service that gruoup of users

Thanks for the help

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
I've never seen a blind person with an iPhone or iPod Touch. Really...making an app is pretty dumb for blind people. It would be a different story if the screen had braille on it.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've never seen a blind person with an iPhone or iPod Touch. Really...making an app is pretty dumb for blind people. It would be a different story if the screen had braille on it.

you have little knowledge what changes can be made for the blind.

for example, have you ever been at a crosswalk that beeps? Yep, that's for the blind. it's a point to go towards and a notice that it's time to cross.

no braille is involved

samhooah

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I work with the developer Kenneth Olsen the desiner of published games Mobile Break and Astro Mania with our 3rd game one the way. However, after he finishes this one we wish to take some time to design iPhone / iPod Touche to apps for usr by the blimd / Visual impairment users iphone I would like some input on what you feel would service that gruoup of users

Thanks for the help

TO OP,

THANKS FOR ASKING! Apple is somewhat of an industry leader in making technology accessible for people with disabilities. The iPhone is actually extremely popular with visually-impaired people because of Voice Over. My father is blind, and we have a unique perspective on what you're asking about -- he's blind, and I'm his tech guy.

He is actually going to purchase an iPhone this month. We will embark on the journey of making the device accessible for him and helping him transition to his first touch-screen device, not to mention getting him up to speed with all the features. :)

I think there is a lot of opportunity for improvements in apps, features, accessories, etc that are tailored for the blind and visually impaired. I'd love to share some ideas with you, so feel free to reply.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234