iPhone Testing Hardware

Alain

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I hope that your development experience can help me decide what to do.

So my small company is beginning to develop a few apps for the iPhone, and I have a test hardware question: what do you do for a test iPhone?

I have one, and I'd be happy to use it for development/test efforts, but I still need to be able to use it when it's not being used for testing, including access to all my apps, my Itunes account, etc. Is that possible, or does using a phone for development "lock it out" from accessing the normal iTunes store and the like?

And if it does "lock out" the phone, what are you doing for a test phone? I just talked to AT&T and they want me to sign up for a $199 phone and $69.99/month service plan for a development phone. I don't mind paying for the phone (even full-price from Apple), but paying for service that will not be used (except for perhaps 2 hours a month of testing data download/geolocation) is a huge waste of money.

Any and all suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks,

Alain

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Using an iPhone for development just lets you load your apps onto your phone directly so you can test them on a device before sending them to Apple. It doesn't affect your usage or access to your apps and iTunes account.

- iFizz

Undizisdiff

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Great forum here

I love forum vey professional and clean. i live in the us well philly to be exact just wanted to drop and see how everyone is and what not.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I saw somewhere that making a phone a development phone changes stuff.

I'd get a second one off somewhere like ebay and just move your sim around. You probably should find some older models too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro