What software do you need to write an app?

iLurk13

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi All

I never posted in this forum but have other iPhoneo related ones. So I have this great idea for an app but what software do you need to write it? Can you use a PC or do you need a Mac? Then how do you get it in the app store? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I would really like to start while the ideas are flowing.

Thank you for all reading

QP Mihai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
You can use a GUI scripting software for starters. Tools like Clickteam Fusion 2.5 or Scirra Construct 2 are great for beginners. You'll be able to create a working game or app quickly. After the development process is over, you'll need a Mac running Xcode.

DmitryLu

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
if you use a PC (not MAC) - then spend a lot of time and nerves for various unpleasant moments.
MacMini is not so expensive.
Xcode is free.

For testing on real devices - you need the developer certificate 99$/year (or another way - without public you app to AppStore... )

Q115115

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Mac and xcode will be the two you use. You can use other third party plugins to make your life easier, but as mentioned above, mac + xcode are the two main ones

horizon286

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
The best solution is to use Mac + Xcode. You'll be probably coding in Swift. It's intuitive and simple. Well, more than other languages. But if you insist on using PC you can always try Xamarin. You'll have the benefits of cross-platform development.

Eageron

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
It is really hard to answer this question without any further information, because it depends on your own developing experience. Have you ever developed anything in your life? Are you familiar with coding? Do you want to develope an app exclusively for iOS? You could think about using a Game Engine, too. Provide some more information and I can help you further.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I really Wonna start developing apps for iOS too just need to learn the basics I am a good student though anyway I mean Pro ready to take me through some tuts ? I am a little bit familiar with Xcoding and all that but I mean Wonna start from the scratch

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77