App Marketing Ideas?

JulianKel

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Most people put too much emphasis on online marketing, and skim over the app store.
Seeing how users mostly look for apps on iTunes, that's kindof unfortunate.

A good way to increase your downloads and get some more attention is to have positive customer reviews and star ratings - it builds confidence in your app.
These guys offer pretty cheap app store reviews for all iTunes countries: iPhone App Marketing Services.

Should be worth a try for you!

msAdele

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Social networking is one, forum commenting is another. You may also try writing articles about your app, and submit them to writing directories.

Dating SIM

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
These comments are very useful, thanks for posting. Well, apart from posting in games/iphone forums, you might also want to consider getting established at communities, where your target audience gathers.

MOverlund

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
heres a link to a google doc I use. It has a bunch of sites listed in order of who gets the most traffic. Also has email addresses you can contact or weblinks to the appropriate site to share your app

https:// docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLWGyl4&key=0AgFOHSGtWeVxdFJ5dnh1N0RSMy15QlREclVWSVhjVVE&hl=sv&authkey=CLWGyl4#gid=0

be sure to delete the space before "docs.go......."
I had to add the space to post the link-not enough posts yet:confused:
Thanks, this is helpful starting point!

ivenzag

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to focus on your targeted users and do some activites at the same time, like social media, trustworthy review sites, forums and probably SEO. Otherwise, your app won't become really visible and you might only lose time running from one "piece" of promotion to another.

Sam Lomerick

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
You can market your app with some activities like,

1) Write & Distribute Press Release for your app.
2) Create a blog for your app.
3) Submit your app to the app directories.
4) Submit your app to the app review sites.

maraneric

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Post a press release via prmac.com, it's a great press release service and it will make your news available to the media.

I second the advice for prmac. The $20 for the extended release was definitely worth it for the boost in app sales that I saw.

Also, creating a video demo of your app will increase the odds of review sites picking it up.

Gerald McRaney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Nowadays in App store large amount of App has been submitted. It is so difficult to find yours visible. Social Networks are the good way instead they covers half of the media. Social media contains large number of features. You can able to share your YouTube videos, slide shares of your particular App. You can also drag these social media links in your website too.

garruklol

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Social media, ASO, press releases, approach bloggers, run your own blog with valuable content, exchange ads with developers from the same niche, create a video... Quite a lot of ways how to promote ;)

RiseUpGames

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't use PRWeb. I used them today and paid them a lot of money to get a press release out for my app, and it went nowhere. Hundreds of sites reposted the press release, but they were obscure sites that posted it in sections that have zero visibility. Also, it was drowned out by the thousands of other press releases that came out from PRWeb today. They're a scam.

I'm curious to try prmac as suggested above, but I'm not so sure now after how badly I got burned by PRWeb.

My app is called ProShot. It's really popular on WP, but the news of its release today didn't get picked up by anyone.

yamajirou

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Very interesting thread, I think every starting developer have these problems.

As my first time doing this, all I have is what I read from forums, so I can't be sure of what works and what doesn't, but it makes some sense and it's worth a try.
- As some people said, social network, post updates and interact with your customers.
- Contact reviews sites and ask for a review. Although most of the time you won't get an anwser if you ask for a free review.
- Frequent updates
And I read about a crazy idea from a guy who just made a bunch of cards of his app and started distributing it all over the city, leave on restaurant's tables, giving to waitress when he paid the bill, leave a stack on coffee shop's counter and bus stops.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR