LifeProof Frē ReEALTREE Xtra Lime Case for iPhone 6.

I was given the opportunity to test & review the LifeProof Frē REALTREE Xtra Lime case for iPhone 6.

Review: LifeProof Frē REALTREE Xtra Lime Case for iPhone 6-lp1.jpg

About LifeProof:

We are LifeProof

Action and adventure are primal urges. Theyre in our blood. And to satisfy them, we need to go places, do things, take chances and be free. Feel our heart pounding in our chest and the icy rush of adrenaline in our veins. From our FRĒ, ND and FRĒ Power cases to our LIFEACTV line of accessories, LifeProof makes remarkable products that are Water Proof, Dirt Proof, Snow Proof and Drop Proof. Because life is best lived with no limits.

LifeProof transcends mere protection. We want you to be free from restraint, free from hesitation and free from fear. Its why we make cases and accessories that brave the surf, thrive in the dirt, shred the slopes and bounce back from bails so you can live in the moment, capture the proof and share amazing stories (Taken from their site).

My first impression was wow. The packaging was everything I expected and then some. I have bought LifeProof before for my childrens phones. Upon opening the box I was treated to the FRĒ iPhone 6/6s case, instruction manual, microfibre cloth and headphone adapter. LifeProof makes sure youre all set to go.

Review: LifeProof Frē REALTREE Xtra Lime Case for iPhone 6-lp2.png

Review: LifeProof Frē REALTREE Xtra Lime Case for iPhone 6-lp3.png

Tech Specs

Dimensions: 5.9 x 3.1" x 0.49" / 150 mm x 79 mm x 12 mm
    Weight: 1.23 oz / 35 g
    Operational Depth: 6.6 feet / 2 meters underwater for 1 hour
    Drop Height: 6.6 feet / 2 meters
    Materials: Polycarbonate, Polypropylene, Synthetic Rubber & Silicone

Once I had everything out of the box there is a label stating to test the case in water before putting your phone in the case and using it. Very smart idea on LifeProofs part. Well I proceeded to put it together and submerse it under water for about an hour. Towelled it off and opened it again to find no signs of leaks. Case was not hard at all to open or close.

So next was to place my phone in the case. As I closed the case I could feel it sealing itself. It was very light weight and I did not even notice the added weight. It does make the phone bulk up but that is to be expected with what the case is designed to do for you. Felt very good in my hands and the buttons were very responsive. The covers protecting the lightning cable port and head phone port were easily accessible and provided plenty of room.

The microfibre cloth provided is a real nice cloth. Probably one of the better ones I have used. Does a nice job on your phone before putting the case on. This case can clearly take on any kind of weather and I had no doubt about it. I ride motorcycle and have been caught in sudden storms and with this case I would not fear of my phone getting wet.

As for protection, LifeProof states these have been military tested, this I dont doubt. They should be able to withstand a 6.6 foot dropped. Although I can not attest to that as I did not drop my phone during use, but would be very comfortable that the case would provide the protection required. And then some! Hearing and speaking on the phone was no issue for me either. Did not hinder my image taking in anyway. Only drawback I could find with the case was my screen touch was slightly less responsive. All in all though a really nice case and I would highly recommend it.

Pros:

Superior water protection
    Great drop protection

Cons:

Screen response altered slightly

Review: LifeProof Frē REALTREE Xtra Lime Case for iPhone 6-lp4.jpg

Review: LifeProof Frē REALTREE Xtra Lime Case for iPhone 6-lp5.png

Review: LifeProof Frē REALTREE Xtra Lime Case for iPhone 6-lp6.jpg

Review: LifeProof Frē REALTREE Xtra Lime Case for iPhone 6-lp7.jpg

Comes in nine different colour combinations and for the price you can not go wrong with this case. Especially if you are an outdoor adventurer. You can find them here at LifeProof. Please check them out. They have many things to offer and you may find something you like. Thanks!
    10-18-2016 03:57 PM
    10-22-2016 06:24 AM
    Nice review! But you forgot to list camo and lime green under cons
    firedept10 likes this.
    10-22-2016 07:04 AM