I just want to say

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Funny, I have occasionally looked at YouTube comments and am amazed at both the virulence of abuse and the spelling ( which is astonishing). Perhaps it is best not to post on YouTube because they won't understand what you mean anyway.

TheZeeMan

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
I am in stitches laughing right now. A comment was posted on YouTube saying iPhone is a fashion statement for young women and easy for the elderly to use. Also more women use the iPhone then men
Apple is for technology inept people because it's simple to use

Eh This is somewhat true. I've been in the dating/bar scene for the past year and go for girls like mid-twenties....99% of them all have iPhones. Very rarely do I meet a girl that has an android. I know this is a horrible reason, but I originally got an iPhone because of these stupid girls want to facetime, imessage and crap lol but I don't care anymore, I love it. Best phone ever.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I made a general comment and was told I prefer simplistic because I don't understand complexity of Android. Among other comments. And they just kept on throwing the punches. I will never comment again on YouTube. That was really eye opening to internet bullying

So ridiculous to think that actually happens on YouTube. One place I've seen a lot of that kind of attitude is BGR. Ugh... So many trolls commenting on that site! I usually never post my two cents there anymore, even though I try to be objective. Not worth it.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm so glad that you found us. I too have experienced this with "friends of friends" and with some of my inlaws! I refuse to engage, and just smh! LOL! One has since grudgingly migrated to Apple... and was complaining just last night because she couldn't share a photo onto FB Messenger. She handed me her phone, and after a couple of swipes, etc. she was all set. She was tickled pink, and just smiled!

Hahaha... Most of my family members use iPhones. The funny thing is that I usually tease the ones who use Android, although I have one smart aleck cousin who's never phased when I do it to him! :p

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think that with every online community there will always be some members who are generally not nice and a little 'hostile' to those who don't share their opinions. 😃

I've come across one or two on the Crackberry forum. The best thing to do is just ignore them. Don't let a couple people make the site bad for you.

There are so many really awesome people here who I love chatting with. One of them even sent me some Crackberry swag! I always try be inclusive towards everyone because, at least from my eyes, each product has its own benefits and I can see why people would buy them.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
@Matty. I am in complete agreement with you. I don't show negativity on any device or platform. My best friend is using Samsung and I help her when she is in need. I help anyone without being negative on what they use. I still like my Samsung tablet.
But it's nuts to think only a certain age group and gender is more into iOS than Android because it's simplistic
I laugh at that comment

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I see younger as well as older with Android. I don't like how people put a status quo on who uses what. I work for a global retailer and I see all ages all day everyday. Samsung and iPhone seem to rule the popularity. Young and old alike. On both.

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank you iMore community. I am finding Apple users much nicer than Android users. They are very rude and curt on their opinions of those who switched to Apple or even those who don't see their way on things.

Yikes. o_O; Haters.

If I might ask, what did you switch to, exactly? iPhone? MacBook? iPad? All in with an Apple Watch too?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Yikes. o_O; Haters.

If I might ask, what did you switch to, exactly? iPhone? MacBook? iPad? All in with an Apple Watch too?

I made the complete switch. Lol. We use the iPad at work so had a clue into it. I have the 7Plus. Decided on the 1.9 iPad Pro and 3 weeks ago the Mac Pro 13 inch retina 2015. I have the watch too
Very pleased

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I made the complete switch. Lol. We use the iPad at work so had a clue into it. I have the 7Plus. Decided on the 12.9 iPad Pro and 3 weeks ago the Mac Pro 13 inch retina 2015. I have the watch too
Very pleased

I completely switched over around two or three years ago. I'm still kinda new to Apple, but I have a background in IT/Linux. :)

How are you liking and using the big iPad Pro? I have to admit, I'm fascinated with people who are using iPads as primary computers. Have you read any of the articles over at MacStories yet? There are some great productivity articles and podcasts over there.

What devices and apps are you using to get things done? Is there anything you wish you could do on your Mac or iDevice? Have you tried your hand at automation with IFTTT, Workflow, or Automator? Have you gotten into podcasts yet?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
To answer you cuttheredwire. No I haven't had time. I am a manger for my company and the store I run is short staffed. I haven't had time to really enjoy my iPad or my Mac that much. I am not an IT person. I use office primarily

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
To answer you cuttheredwire. No I haven't had time. I am a manger for my company and the store I run is short staffed. I haven't had time to really enjoy my iPad or my Mac that much. I am not an IT person. I use office primarily

Business. Gotcha. Well, being productive can be a way to enjoy your iPad or iPhone. Here are some tools that you may find useful.

Copied – Copy and Paste Everywhere on the App Store
https://appsto.re/us/1e2I8.i

An excellent clipboard manager that will let you manipulate text as you copy it. I haven't tried the macOS version, but I am tempted to pay for the iOS version. With this, your keyboard transforms into text or pictures you copied previously. I use it constantly and it saves me a lot of time.

Documents 5 - File manager, PDF reader and browser on the App Store
https://appsto.re/us/Vw_Vv.i

This app can handle zip files and a whole lot of other things. I'll use it to AirPlay movies to my Apple TV (3rd gen).

PDF Viewer - Read, Review, and Annotate on the App Store
https://appsto.re/us/gR1Wcb.i

Easy way to sign documents.

Firefox Focus: The privacy browser on the App Store
https://appsto.re/us/zUf7-.i

You have to install it an dig into Safari's settings, but this will block ads and speed up your browsing.

Opera Free VPN - Unlimited Ad-Blocking VPN on the App Store
https://appsto.re/us/TOWAab.i

This encrypts your browsing and eliminates ads, which may be useful, esp. on public Wi-Fi. You can turn it of and on at will in the app.

Apple Support on the App Store
https://appsto.re/us/8FGydb.i

Tech support from Apple.

Workflow: Powerful Automation Made Simple on the App Store
https://appsto.re/us/2IzJ2.i

I very easy to use too that lets you autoate a variety of things. It has the potential to save you a lot of time, depending on your workflow.

LastPass Password Manager on the App Store
https://appsto.re/us/hvtwt.i

You should seriously consider a password manager. This one and 1Password are both good and protect your passwords buy requiring a fingerprint to use them. They have a very nice 2 Factor Authentication app too. I have a degree in computer security and am working on a masters in Information Systems: ask me anything.

iA Writer on the App Store
https://appsto.re/us/u9mpU.i

This one is a personal preference. I love it. It's a writing app with a lot of great features. There is a macOS version too. I do most of my writing here, which gets cleaned up elsewhere later. It only works with text files, but lets you embed images and simple spreadsheets (CSV files). For me, that's a feature. It's designed to keep you focused.

It supports a way of writing called Markdown, which is hugely popular with macOS/iOS users. This lets iA Writer export MS Word files with basic formatting.

There are several really great writing apps for iOS/macOS though. I'm hesitant to say this is the best one for you personally as I don't know you well enough. This is the only paid-only app listed here. Everything else is either free or has a great free version (that would be Copied).

mundo472

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Smartphone platforms have become like politics or religion. Dont bring them up at Thanksgiving or other "family holidays" . :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Smartphone platforms have become like politics or religion. Dont bring them up at Thanksgiving or other "family holidays" . :)
This is sometimes quite true. In my family we have iOS, Android, Blackberry 10 and windows mobile lol

So we tend to keep quite about which one is better since they all have their pros and cons. Obviously IOS is the best in my opinion but Android users will hear nothing about it haha.

We kinda have an agreement that we all love our operating systems for certain things that help us with our lives and it differs between people.

Torry Cox

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
This is sometimes quite true. In my family we have iOS, Android, Blackberry 10 and windows mobile lol

So we tend to keep quite about which one is better since they all have their pros and cons. Obviously IOS is the best in my opinion but Android users will hear nothing about it haha.

We kinda have an agreement that we all love our operating systems for certain things that help us with our lives and it differs between people.
Yes, each brand has its own fans, and everyone can tell what a good smartphone is. But in fact we are all hostages of technology.

Harry1223

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Why do you bother?!

I don't care about the haters on Internet

You can't expect you get general reviews or comments when you make soft and nice talk or opinion

ignore~

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen