NSFW content: Worth posting about, or NO WAY?

Serenity Caldwell

Managing Editor
Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks,

We're considering doing a (small) 1x/week NSFW post on weekends for people interested in such things. Would probably be largely connected gadgets-related, though we might have an op-ed or two about stuff like Grindr, etc.

Is this something that you:
- would be interested in reading?
- don't care either way?
- vehenemently don't want on iMore?

We want to know!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Would be interested in reading. Especially if it's tech related, it can add to our diversity.
#MiGa - Make iMore Great Again

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems with it. Maybe add an option to hide NSFW content though for those that are "sensitive" to it. I say it that way because I'm a huge advocator of the first amendment and it'll always be tagged as such though people would still complain.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Would be interested in reading. Especially if it's tech related, it can add to our diversity.
#MiGa - Make iMore Great Again

You gotta have the cap.
51c0d54faf306b3ac487981ec3668a07.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

We're considering doing a (small) 1x/week NSFW post on weekends for people interested in such things. Would probably be largely connected gadgets-related, though we might have an op-ed or two about stuff like Grindr, etc.

- don't care either way?

We want to know!

Sure, I'd be interested in reading NSFW articles on the weekends, depending on the subject.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey Serenity!

I think VR and NSFW were just meant for each other haha. I personally don't mind it being posted on a weekly basis. It could potentially draw in a couple extra members? I probably won't read it since i don't really indulge i that sort of thing but I'm sure others might enjoy reading some 'educational information'. The only thing i would suggest is keeping the posts tactful or tasteful and being selective with the banner photo. Don't really want a lady with barely any clothes on showing up on my iMore feed at school :D hahaha. As i said, i think some readers would enjoy reading articles like that. :)

dhoskinsoz

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Sounds a great idea. Apps like Grindr brought about a revolution in the way that "like-minded" people met each other. A phenomenon not widely reported in the tech press.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If it's occasional, I won't read it, but sure.

As long as it's not ending up like crackberry with endless posts trolling for PIN numbers. At least give an option to hide them?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine either way but for those that either aren't interested or shouldn't see it, I think a landing page with all of the proper "beyond this point" warnings would be appropriate

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It would be a great way to get me leave the site for good. If you do something like that, do an op-in instead of an op-out (same with Switch and Pokémon).

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
To me, NSFW USUALLY means bad language. If I click on a link that I know is NSFW, I either mute my laptop or put my earphones in.

Either way, I'd probably view NSFW news if the headline was something that interested me.

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks,

- don't care either way?

We want to know!

mpnine

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I think any kind of content, NSFW or otherwise, is fine as long as it's handled properly. It would just have to be clearly marked and would have some kind of buffer In the story layout that would push the NSFW content off screen just enough to help win accidental clicks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh