What are your favorite iMore sections? (And what do you hate reading?)

Serenity Caldwell

Managing Editor
Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Because we're curious: What are your favorite article types and topics? And what could you do entirely without?

i.e.: "I love reading Serenity's reviews and Lory's how-tos! I prefer iPhone coverage to the Mac, though. I would love to see more photo coverage!"

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see more Home automation featuring HomeKit.

Although I do understand HomeKit compatible things are still few and far between

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm all about the rumors. As a "latest and greatest" kind of user I'm always interested in what's coming next, especially when it comes to iPhone.

Dislike: Pokémon Go overload. Thank goodness it slowed down!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to general Apple product news and reviews, I enjoy articles that debunk falsehoods and misrepresentations. What I dislike is the overexposure of game crazes like Pokémon Go.

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe everyone will agree about overexposure of popular movements. I'll even agree that Pokémon Go went a bit far.

I'll also take that overexposure and lump things like rumor roundups in there. I occasionally like to look at rumors, I just don't think we need to see them weekly or biweekly. Monthly at the most frequent. Even in those articles if they could be split up to say this is what we already covered, this is what's new. If there's nothing new there's no need for another post.

I like ICYMI posts. Again, another monthly at the most frequent posting. This is where you can tag all your old used to overexposed articles. The Pokémon Go floods, the rumor roundups that have no new rumors, etc.

I miss the more in depth and community minded exposure of events and podcasts. I never have any idea when a new podcast is going to be. I don't even know if they've been put back to a regular schedule. I used to enjoy taking part in them until they were moved to my working hours.

That's all I have for the moment.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I also really love the how to articles. Before buying a product (most recently AirPods) I look through all the how to articles to make damn sure they do exactly what I want.
That and I usually find a little tip I didn't know which is always nice

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm always looking for that next iPhone I'm always interested in what's happening in the rumor department, and Apple device rumors in general.

Hate: Pokémon Go

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Here's another freebie: how about showcasing Creative Talent of people using their Apple devices for Creative pursuits? Every two-three days you could interview and showcase different creatives - not all professionals, show all levels of creativity, and types. I thought Apple's Create Something New campaign was really interesting but I wanted to see more: drawing, photography, videos, animations, music - interview the person and ask how they use their Apple devices to be creative!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
With regards to the forums the "Rumoured Apple Hardware & Software" is one of my favourite. I love talking rumours and seeing what potential features and specs we may get for upcoming iPhones, iPads or Macbook Pros. This also includes blog posts about "everything you need to know about <product>"

I also like blog posts regarding "round ups" which show us what you guys think are the best Apps for exercise or the best games for the weekend. Things like that. Maybe the best cases for our Macbook Pros? Maybe you guys could even do 1 silly post a week like, best coffee for those long nights? :D haha

I personally don't really "hate" reading anything. I just simply don't click on the article. I know some think various products go over board with posting like Pokemon Go and Nintendo Switch but if you love playing, then those articles are actually useful :) Obviously balance is key.

I quite like blog posts related to deals and specials. I know those are posted daily but just wanted to mention i do like it in case you guys were possibly dropping it. :)

Thats it for now. Oh wait, How To articles are good.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I usually go straight to the unanswered posts. Often I'll come across someone having an issue I've dealt with in the past and can lend my knowledge.

I hate reading comments like "cellular carrier sucks because they don't have coverage in my area". No, it doesn't mean they suck, it just means they haven't covered your area YET. Patience, grasshopper.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
What about a section about meeting the iMore volunteers? I actually thought about this even before I became a volunteer. I'd like to see a little info on the folks that keep this site going. Doesn't have to be very specific, maybe name, general location (upstate state name), maybe what you do for a living, how long you've been using Apple products, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods