Should I change my current plan to a new plan

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm in an interesting situation;
I called my carrier (Bell Canada) today to see if I could keep my current $80/month plan if I upgrade to the iPhone 6S, turns out I can't. I would have to upgrade my plan to one of the shareable plans and the closes one to my plan is about $120/month. My question is, is it worth it to get one of these new share plans and upgrade my device or get the iPhone 6S outright and keep my plan.

This is my current plan:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442003653.370532.jpg

And these are the new share plans:
Family plans, cell phone share plans from Bell Mobility | Bell Canada

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why would you have to upgrade to a share plan? What if you only have one device?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How many gigs on your current plan?

Just simply figure the cost of the phone vs. paying an extra $40 a month over time. And if you upgrade next year, remember you can recoup a lot of your money back by selling the 6S.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How many gigs on your current plan?

Just simply figure the cost of the phone vs. paying an extra $40 a month over time. And if you upgrade next year, remember you can recoup a lot of your money back by selling the 6S.

I have 6 GB on my current plan, and the cost of the 64 GB iPhone 6S on a 2 year contract here in Canada is $528.99 or $1029 outright.
In terms of reselling the phone, where I live it would be really hard to do

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just an update:
I did put a lot of thought into my decision and I decided to go with a new plan to get the iPhone 6S on contract. I did do the math on how much it would cost me over 2 years to buy it outright with my current plan vs on contract with my new plan. It would've cost me less over 2 years if I kept my current plan and buy the phone outright and kept it for 2 years.
I know your asking why did I go with a new plan well I found out that I didn't have enough for the phone outright with taxes (13%) and I wanted to get the phone as soon as I can so I went with a new plan to get the phone under contract.
Note:
If you want to do the math also, add 13% tax to the phone bill and the cost of the phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods