Cricket Wireless

Crowyer

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
So I have been reading a lot of reviews on Cricket lately. I'm currently at AT&T paying 167 a month for 2 phones. We have 30 gigs of data, rollover, unlimited talk and text and insurance on both phones. I'm not on contract and i have a iPhone 6 and wife has S5. We do not touch that 30 gigs. I think at max one month we used 9.75 gigs. The next plan down on AT&T is 30 dollars cheaper but i go to 10 gigs of data. So its not worth loosing our plan. Here's the thing, like everyone I have come to a point where i'm trying to save some money. I feel like I am pouring cash down the drain on all the extra data i'll never use. So i'm looking so cut corners. I left Verizon because they are just to damn expensive. I mean i had zero issues with the network and quality. I was with them for 2 years. I also left because i really wanted an iPhone, and with Verizon you only get partially working iPhone. Verizon locks the phone so you cant use all the features. I had an iPhone with them only one day and i brought it back because i felt i should have just had a flip phone with all the stuff i could not do. I will not go to T-mobile, they are who i had before Verizon. They just plain sucked. I had no coverage anywhere i went, speeds were slow and customer service sucked. I took that all the way to corporate too. Corporate T-mobile is just crooked. My buddy left AT&T to go to T-mobile and i warned him. He was with them 3 months and left because he could not use his phone on job sites, he had no coverage. He came right back to AT&T. I live in Houston Texas, this is supposed to be one of T-mobiles best coverage zones, but its so spotty you could be on the phone and walk a block and loose service. Sprint, PFFT do not get me started. :tongue: So those are my reasons why I am not going to one of the big four. So has anyone took thier iPhone to Cricket? How is it working? How is the reception? I figured I can cut my bill in half by getting 2 phones on the smart plan. Anyone in Houston tried it. I have seen a bunch of threads on this topic but no solid answers. I was thinking about buying the sim card online, its 99 cents and you do not have to pay an activation fee. So you pay your 50.99 (which is tremendously cheaper than the 75.99 they want to charge me in store) and test drive it for a month. But 50 dollars is 50 dollars and I just wanted to see what others thought before i burn a Grant that maybe for nothing. Thanks everyone for your help and opinions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never used Cricket Wireless, but hopefully members who have or are currently using its service will respond soon.

Crowyer

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Can't talk on phone and use Internet on cellular data. Gps used to be disabled too but I think they fixed it. The SIM cards only let you use some cell towers, i would drop calls all the time. I went through like 3 SIM cards and that's what customer service said it was. That was last November too. My iMessage never worked. Apple said it was because verizon wanted you to use your text messages before iMessage. Some other things, I can't remember.

abdra

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
I just unlocked my iphone 4S from Verizon to Cricket I just have the basic phone i can use imessage and all other apps I only pay $25 a month. If I need to use internet etc I just connect ot wireless but i decide I want the data plan it's only $40

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
A Verizon iPhone is not locked at all. It it's unlocked and non of the features should be blocked by Verizon. Verizon does not have the ability to block Apple services.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've used Verizon, then switched to T mobile, and then to Cricket. My iPhones have followed me and transitioned well. The GSM unlocked or ATT locked models will work with cricket without a problem. I switched to cricket because I wanted ATT service but not their fees for their postpaid customers. I'm not disappointed yet. Just make sure you transfer your lines carefully. I did my porting as follows in hopes to make it easier and explained for you.
1.) set up the account as a transfer with the number you intend to be the primary. If that number is the Primary with ATT( then the primary account status should transfer to the second line as it did with mine. (also, prior to this ensure you have papered billing to make sure you have a copy of your final bill in case of needing it for final disputes.(hopefully that won't be the case.))
2.)Do the transfer a SIM you've already bought(I don't recommend waiting for their shipping, Just buy 2 activation SIM sets from amazon, etc.)
3.) after you've set up and transferred the 1st line. you add the second then to the account under the My account page.
4.) then go to activation after clicking add a line.
5.) ensure all transfers(portings) are successful.
Note: you pay for the first line of service and as you add the second you'll notice the group discounts are applied to the second line of service.
Also, Each data plan amount is allocated to each line and not shared the way it is with ATT.

Hope this helps.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Can't talk on phone and use Internet on cellular data. Gps used to be disabled too but I think they fixed it. The SIM cards only let you use some cell towers, i would drop calls all the time. I went through like 3 SIM cards and that's what customer service said it was. That was last November too. My iMessage never worked. Apple said it was because verizon wanted you to use your text messages before iMessage. Some other things, I can't remember.

The sim card is not locked to certain towers, that is just plain FUD. It isn't verizon locking the iPhone down, it is apple not including everything for CDMA. And you can talk/surf the web on verizon with an iPhone (6 and up I believe). Never had any issues with iMessage.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
can i use a ATT microcell on cricket wireless, thinking about switching and need wifi calling.

While they do use the same towers, the APN settings are different. I can only imagine the access to the tower would be limited to postpaid customers but it can't hurt to try.

icherrie

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I have been using Cricket for about 4-5 months. I brought my own iPhone 5 with me. I live in Austin, Tx. Travel around within 100 mile radius, so far so good. Very good. No dropped calls or static. Also if you do auto pay, they knock off $5. ( I pay $65. Month unlimited.). If they have issues due to something- weather? They knock off an extra $5. Happened once for me; I was actually unaware of the issue- but they informed me & my bill was $60. That month! True story.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon iPhone 6 works perfectly with Cricket. I got sick and tired of Verizon's fees and plan costs. Unlimited data with Cricket means I can watch Netflix and listen to Sirius without worrying about going over. I'm very pleased.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner