Deployed to Kuwait: Best Carrier

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if any of you guys may be military and have been deployed to the Middle East in particular Kuwait. I'm here now and service SUCKS to say the least... I have an iPhone 6 and 6 plus unlocked. In one I use an Ooredoo sim (horrible) and the other I use a Zain sim (sometimes decent) but neither has exceptional speed. Is there any other carrier for me to try that would give me close to US data speeds? I did a speed test on my Zain card the other day and got approximately 5mbps download speed and like 15mbps upload speed... Which is actually GOOD for here. smh

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know of any personally, but hopefully, someone who can better assist you will respond soon. Note: it 4:25 A.M. here on the east coast so please be patient.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if any of you guys may be military and have been deployed to the Middle East in particular Kuwait. I'm here now and service SUCKS to say the least... I have an iPhone 6 and 6 plus unlocked. In one I use an Ooredoo sim (horrible) and the other I use a Zain sim (sometimes decent) but neither has exceptional speed. Is there any other carrier for me to try that would give me close to US data speeds? I did a speed test on my Zain card the other day and got approximately 5mbps download speed and like 15mbps upload speed... Which is actually GOOD for here. smh

My cousin lives there. Do you still need to know? I can ask what they do.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My cousin is actually in the UAE now. They use a company called DU. She said they are all slow there. You won't find US speeds.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal