Straight Talk Questions

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have iPhone 5's on AT&T now. My phone is unlocked but my wife's is not. From what I've read mine should be ok but hers would either need to be unlocked or have a $15 sim from Straight Talk. Is that correct?

When the new iPhone comes out would I be able to get one and use it right away? I would probably have to buy an unlocked version directly from Apple, right? Is there any delay on Straight Talk's end, like they don't support new phones for a while after they've been released? If there's a delay that may be a deal breaker.

If we already have AT&T is it really using the same towers, similar coverage, speeds, etc.? I understand the "unlimited" data is only at 4G LTE until 2.5 GB and then throttled after that. That shouldn't be much of an issue, we're on wifi most of the time.

Just wondering what the downside is. Almost seems too good to be true, for 2 phones it would almost cut our bill in half. Just seems like there has to be a catch. :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You might as well get the unlocked iPhones from the store, they should work with most networks (and I'm sure both AT&T and Straight Talk will be supported).

It wouldn't take very much longer from the initial launch to get them from the online store. Who knows they might even open that channel out on day one...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2