anyone is using AIO prepaid service?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is using AIO service

Aio Wireless

if you google, this is basically AT&T answer to T-Mobile simple plan. AIO is a prepaid service.

on paper, it looks to be cheaper than T-Mobile plan if you are buying individual plan. AIO does not offer family plan yet.

My question is that if I use AIO, would I get the same LTE coverage (or 3G) as AT&T? On paper, it should because AIO is owned by AT&T, but if you consider how expensive AT&T plan (even in their mobile prepaid), I wonder if I use AIO, I would get a spotty (selected) AT&T coverage. It is possible for a carrier to load a premium and non premium coverage based on the sim card.

Thanks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is using AIO service

Aio Wireless

if you google, this is basically AT&T answer to T-Mobile simple plan. AIO is a prepaid service.

on paper, it looks to be cheaper than T-Mobile plan if you are buying individual plan. AIO does not offer family plan yet.

My question is that if I use AIO, would I get the same LTE coverage (or 3G) as AT&T? On paper, it should because AIO is owned by AT&T, but if you consider how expensive AT&T plan (even in their mobile prepaid), I wonder if I use AIO, I would get a spotty (selected) AT&T coverage. It is possible for a carrier to load a premium and non premium coverage based on the sim card.

Thanks.

I would check what they say I'm sure they can choose what it connects too

arwaldon4

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am interested in switching to AIO. I have AT&T and pay almost $100 for 4 gigs of data with tethering. I spend most of my time anyway on wifi at my job, but the $70/7Gig data plan looks quite enticing. I would love to find out if it is in fact AT&T service/LTE that we are getting and if it is extra for tethering.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
thanks. I am on the fence as well. what worries me is that with cheaper plan, if I am getting all AT&T cells coverage or not. Would love to hear real users experience.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You get the same ATT towers and coverage. The major difference is that your speed is throttled. LTE is limited to 8mbps which is more than enough for mobile needs IMO.

Nico Villalobos

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
There is not a major difference in coverage between AT&T and Aio other than Aio doesn't have roaming, higher pings eve thou I average 85 MS on LTE on my 5S, and the 8 mbps maximum limit, but in everyday use the limit is not noticeable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh