Unlimited data glitch

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my wife's line yesterday and was allowed to keep her unlimited data. I wonder what Verizon will do once they realize it. Cancel the order, honor it?? Has anyone else taken advantage while they can?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that this is a glitch because I was reading a thread about this over at MR, where other Verizon unlimited data customers were able to upgrade their line to the 5S with a full subsidy and it didn't remove their data plan. Maybe Verizon is feeling generous right now, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
9to5 now reporting it's fixed. Will still be interesting to see what Verizon does.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
9to5 now reporting it's fixed. Will still be interesting to see what Verizon does.

Being that the error was on their side I think they should allow the upgrades that were done already to go though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Being that the error was on their side I think they should allow the upgrades that were done already to go though.
They likely will - as this could be one of those "material change in terms & conditions" that in theory could give people an out on contracts and be able to terminate contracts ETF-free... they're not about to do that...

polo2883

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
They likely will - as this could be one of those "material change in terms & conditions" that in theory could give people an out on contracts and be able to terminate contracts ETF-free... they're not about to do that...

According to twitter VZWSupport... They wont honor it.

Attachments

• _1__VZW_Support__VZWSupport__on_Twitter.jpg
    _1__VZW_Support__VZWSupport__on_Twitter.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 90

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Then they should allow people to cancel the upgrade, and remove all contract extensions...

I hope they email everyone that did upgrade and let them choose. Otherwise that should give reason to opt out w/o ETF

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I hope they email everyone that did upgrade and let them choose. Otherwise that should give reason to opt out w/o ETF

If they remove the unlimited data plan that was on that line, you should have a case here, given this mess was their fault to start with.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded this morning and was told by their online support that it will be honored!

All wireless caries on line support is either hit or miss with the info that they give. I would keep an eye on your account to make sure nothing changes.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Way to go!!!! For anyone able to snag that. I would be so happy! Lol

I heard that Verizon is cutting the grandfathered unlimited plans soon. Anyone know if that's true?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Way to go!!!! For anyone able to snag that. I would be so happy! Lol

I heard that Verizon is cutting the grandfathered unlimited plans soon. Anyone know if that's true?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

There has been no official announcement but I can't see Verizon continuing to allow people on grandfathered plans to stay on them.

I had to give up my unlimited data for a tiered plan, but I got 6GB for $30. If you're changing off unlimited ask about that special price.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
There has been no official announcement but I can't see Verizon continuing to allow people on grandfathered plans to stay on them.

I had to give up my unlimited data for a tiered plan, but I got 6GB for $30. If you're changing off unlimited ask about that special price.

That's good to know. I'm still waiting for the order to process. Ps 6GB still isn't enough for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh