If I replace my iPhone 5 w/a 5S purchased in full, will my current contract end date stay the Same?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5, thinking about buying a 5s full retail, selling my 5 to someone; I am not long enough into the contract to avoid full price. My question is this - if I do buy a 5s at full retail from AT&T (my vendor), does my contract end date stay the same or do they push it out two years from that date?

Thanks!

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
re: If I replace my iPhone 5 w/a 5S purchased in full, will my current contract end date stay the Same?

I have an iPhone 5, thinking about buying a 5s full retail, selling my 5 to someone; I am not long enough into the contract to avoid full price. My question is this - if I do buy a 5s at full retail from AT&T (my vendor), does my contract end date stay the same or do they push it out two years from that date?

Thanks!

It would stay the same if you just swap phones.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
re: If I replace my iPhone 5 w/a 5S purchased in full, will my current contract end date stay the Same?

Thread moved to the Carrier Discussion Lounge.

If you pay full retail for any phone your contract end date remains the same. Also, you will still have your upgrade available to you when you choose to use it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site

well it all depends on which phone company you are with i guess... for me i know if i wanna upgrade my phone and my contract had to be extended.. they extend the contract another 2 year from the day you are renewing your contract and i am with rogers in canada

Thanks!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Question on contracts re: iPhone 5S

well it all depends on which phone company you are with i guess... for me i know if i wanna upgrade my phone and my contract had to be extended.. they extend the contract another 2 year from the day you are renewing your contract and i am with rogers in canada

The OP stated that they are with AT&T. This is a US carrier. AT&T does not extend contracts for customers who pay full retail for phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Thank you everyone!

ahj4513

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
You being on the 2 year contract with the carrier means you are paying for the rest of your phone. (e.g. $800 phone --> $200 up front + $600 to be paid over the 2 year contract). $600/24 = $25 per month. The carrier monthly plans include these fees. So by finishing your contract you are fully paying your phone. So buying a new phone at full price should not cost extra.

rag47

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You say AT&T doesn't extend if you pay full price. I'm not sure this is true. (It is true that they shouldn't do this.) Is there an AT&T page that states this clearly - no contract extension if you pay full price? Or if not, on what do you base your statement?

rag47

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes of course it should not, the question is does it in fact extend? What is fair and just and what is corporate policy are two different things.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It won't extend your contract but your 5 will still technically be on contract even though you're using the 5s. AT&T will not unlock the phone (the 5) until the contract is up. I found this out last year when I did a cross upgrade to get the 5 and wanted to sell my 4S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro