Lost iPhone 4S

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Need advice. My son lost his iPhone at Knotts Berry Farm. Gone for sure. What's the best course of action. It was purchased at an apple store in march 2012 did not get AppleCare (stupid me) assistance please

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Call your carrier's customer service and get the number temporarily locked in their systems until you can replace the phone with whatever you can come up with to replace it... have them also list the phone's MEID as lost in their systems to hopefully prevent anyone else from activating it.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
AppleCare would not help in this situation

Does AppleCare+ apply if your iPhone is lost or stolen?

No. Apple refers customers to its "Find My iPhone" app for missing iPhones and recommends customers work with law enforcement to recover them.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've you've got theft insurance through your WSP, you pay a deductible and they'll send you a refurb. I have Verizon and pay for the insurance and I think it's $150 deductible but don't quote me on that.

Other than what K and John said, there's not much you can do unless someone is honest and tries to return it to you.

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies. You're right AppleCare wouldn't have helped unless it was cracked or had water damage I was told. Verizon said nothing they could do. I did suspend the line i forgot about the meid lock. Thanks for that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal