Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By c_elliott83
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Global Posts
    11,121 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iPhone coming to US Cellular?

According to Twitter... US Cellular will sell Apple Products - "Later this year"... iPhone?? iPad??

U.S. Cellular will begin selling Apple products later this year | iMore.com

Updates:

From U.S. Cellular via AllThingsD:

We will be selling iPhone products later this year. We don’t have any additional information at this time but will follow up closer to the launch. The deal we’ve made to sell iPhone products is right for our business today, because we now have an LTE solution that enables a successful partnership with Apple.
    Dow Jones Newswires reports that U.S. Cellular has committed to purchase $1.2 billion worth of iPhones over a three-year period.
    Last edited by kch50428; 05-03-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iPhone coming to US Cellular?

Probably just the phone, but I think it would be awesome for a regional carrier to sell connected tablets, as long as they can support it. This is good for them, and good for the market. More competition is not a bad thing.
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    iOS Version

U.S Cellular will the rest of it's markets by July 1015 and will be no more.
    "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them".
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ya i dont really see this helping them out. They turned it down before, and now that they have lost customers due to the chicago buyout and as well as losing customers back when they initially turned down apple, isnt going to help them. They are a regional carrier that charges a arm and a leg just like the bigger companies. They will be gone for good in 2-3 years.

Sent from my Iphone 4s using Tap Until You Talk
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Odd because Us cell claims to have LTE in my area. They would be the only ones.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c_elliott83 View Post
    Ya i dont really see this helping them out. They turned it down before, and now that they have lost customers due to the chicago buyout and as well as losing customers back when they initially turned down apple, isnt going to help them. They are a regional carrier that charges a arm and a leg just like the bigger companies. They will be gone for good in 2-3 years.

They have the best coverage in my area, VZW is getting better, but still drops calls in my house. They have been around for close to 15 years and have only gotten better. I hope that they continue to get better phone selection and with adding iOS I would only think it would make them stronger. I can't wait. I was debating of switching to another carrier just to pick up a better phone.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    iOS Version

A little old but i havent been on. Uscc in my area use to be the best. Not so much anymore. They are now horrible. In this area they are losing customers big time. I have a buddy that just quit his job at the store here and he states that he doesnt see them hanging around in this area much longer. Says that lately they have become one of the worst companies in the area. Best thing i ever did was leave them. I decided to go prepaid. And now get more options, better coverage, and over half the price less. Id much rather pay $110 for 2 phones with 10x better service all around than the $250 i was with them. Just my opinion though

hydrogen3 likes this.