Did I purchase an iPhone online or not?

anon(952911)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So, after much thought, I decided to buy an iPhone 4s on Virgin Mobile USA. However, I'm not sure I did buy it.

I'll explain.

Yesterday (around 3 PM) I added the iPhone 4s to my cart. I was shown my cart and the iPhone was in it, so I hit checkout. Next I filled out the billing and shipping information on the next screen. So far so good. After ticking the "accept terms" box, I clicked next. I was brought to the "Review and Submit" screen. All of the info was correct and the shipping info matched the billing info, so I clicked "Submit". However, instead of being presented with a message (like, "Thank you for purchasing...blah,blah,blah), I was brought back to the home page of their website. No message of any kind.

What?

I waited an hour or so, checking my inbox for anything related to my purchase, but nada. No confirmation email, thank you email, or anything. Needless to say, I went to their contact page and filled out a contact form which basically asked if the purchase went through or not.

It's been 24 hours since I sent that message to them, still no reply.

Diving a little deeper into their website, I found a "View Order History" page. My purchase is not listed their.

Also, I cannot log into my bank account due to unbeknownst reasons, so I cannot see if a transaction was made.

So, the big question: Did I buy an iPhone, or did it fail? Do I try to buy another one? Do I just wait a few days and see if it ships? Someone help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Watch for payment amount being applied to the method used in the transaction. If you see no payments applied, call Virgin Mobile USA's customer service and see if they can give you a confirmation - or not.

anon(952911)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Watch for payment amount being applied to the method used in the transaction. If you see no payments applied, call Virgin Mobile USA's customer service and see if they can give you a confirmation - or not.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I can't log in to my bank account due to a technical issue when the bank set it up. Any other answers?